cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nat settings with x box live

omg
Dabbler

Nat settings with x box live

Hi after weeks and weeks of trying to open x box live have now tried to Dmz it. i have followed a previous link and get to the point where you select the name of the device but its there i hit a problem .The x box is not on the list and i don't know how to get it there. Can anyone help!!! Please
5 REPLIES 5
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Nat settings with x box live

Hey there Smiley
You may find that you have an "Unknown" entry in the list of devices, this will be the Xbox. - Alternatively, there should be an option for "User Defined" - In here, you can manually type the IP address which the Xbox has.
Hope this helps Smiley
Matt
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

or you could always buy a decent router Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

What kind of router is it?
omg
Dabbler

its a TG585 v7  Thomson Gateway
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Is the unknown device there? Are you hard wired to the router or on wireless? There's more questions than answers here  Grin
Really though It sounds like you need to start from scratch, I'm assuming that you already have the the XBox connected to the router but issues with xbox live being the reason you want to DMZ it. Or have you never managed to get connected? Try connecting the xbox with a ethernet cable just for now if you are wireless and set the IP settings to auto. Once you have look at your connection status and see which IP the router has give you. Now you can cross reference that with an ip in the router devices list, the one that matches yours is the Xbox.
If you do all that and it still isn't showing up there must be something wrong router end. I'm not sure how xbox goes about it I don't have one. On the PS3 it tells you information about the connection so if you have that facility post the details of your connection from the xbox and post the devices that are listed on the router. There's a big difference between the xbox being connected but not showing in the list of devices on the router and it not showing up because it actually isn't if you get my drift.