cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount and Blade Warband Port Forwarding Help Please??!

englishturk

Mount and Blade Warband Port Forwarding Help Please??!

I've had Mount and Blade warband for a while and I've recently wanted to try the multiplayer with my brother. Trouble is we can't seem to connect online or even find each other online.
researched it and came up with a website whch listed out the possible reasons. Gone through them all and the only one I cant do and is probably the reason why we cant use multiplayer is the port forwarding.
http://www.warband-rp.com/wiki/index.php/I_can_not_see_the_server,_what_now%3F
Solution 1: Opening ports
Nowadays almost every computer uses internet security services one way or another, whether it is through computer software, or a router or modem (hardware used to connect to the internet) with this software on it. These security systems may need proper configuration for you to be able to connect to certain places on the internet, like our Warband Role Play server.
The ports that should be opened are (go to http://www.portforward.com and follow the site's instructions to see how to forward ports on your systems):
7249 (on both TCP/UDP)
7241 (on both TCP/UDP)
using the TG582n technicolor router if it helps?
As i don't have a CLUE about this technical shiz and even reading about port fowarding I'm still lost. I tried calling up the customer helpline (plusnet) and got told they cant do anything about this. Not impressed! 
can anybody help me this this? Like a basic fool proof guide to what I should do? It's driving me crazy!!
3 REPLIES 3
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Mount and Blade Warband Port Forwarding Help Please??!

hey englishturk,
Welcome to the community! Smiley
Few things you need to do,
Firstly: head to http://192.168.1.254 - Enter the username and password displayed on the card you got with the router, You want the "Router Access Username" and the "Router Access Password"
Once logged in, head to Toolbox -> Game and Application sharing - Once here, un-tick uPnP and extended security, then hit apply.
Once you've done this, click on "Create a game or application" at the bottom under "Pick A Task" - Follow the instructions to create your port, name it something sensible so you can find it in the list afterwards.
Now you've got your port added to the list, go to "Assign a game or application to a local network device" this is under "Pick A Task" at the bottom.
You'll see a few drop down menus, the first one you need to find your newly created application/game and the second one you need to find the device you'd like to forward to - If your PC name doesn't come up in the list, it will show as Unknown-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX where the X's are the MAC address for the computer.
You can find the MAC address by opening command prompt and typing ipconfig /all - This will display something like this
 Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-04-A6-XX-XX-XX

This will make it easier for you to find.
Once you've found it, click on add and then apply, then reboot the router.
Now you can go to http://canyouseeme.org and test it out Smiley
Hope this helps,
Matt
englishturk

Hey Matt!
I've clicked on the "Create a game or application". I've named it however when the box comes up I'm not too sure what to enter in each part (Protocol, both Port Range boxes, Translates To..., Trigger Protocol, Trigger Port) I realise it has something to do with what I posted earlier but I'm not to sure.
also
Once I created a port for the game, you mentioned assigning the game to local network device where I have to find the device I need to forward to. Do you mean assigning the game to my computer from my computer OR assigning the game to my brothers computer from my computer (as he's the one I want to play against?)
As I've tried this way before, I do know my computer name and even my brother's computer name comes up so I won't have any trouble with the name thing.
Really appreciate this mate!!
englishturk

Anyone else able to help? Would be much appreciated!