cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More detail for the games list, port numbers, IP's etc

ephoscus

More detail for the games list, port numbers, IP's etc

Is it possible to get more info as to the stored settings that are used and are good for each game on the list?
I often play Supreme commander, you can pick your port number, my brother host the session and we've tried different numbers but haven't found a good one that doesn't lag up after awhile. It gets to the point that resetting the router can give better results, which suggest it's picking different paths through your servers.
3 REPLIES 3
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: More detail for the games list, port numbers, IP's etc

Doesn't sound like traffic management - that would be fairly continuously slow (during peak time), instead of slowing down over time.
It would probably be worthwhile doing a wireshark capture to see if the traffic is being identified.  If not, you can submit the capture for Plusnet to include in their gaming profiles
B.
scootie
Grafter

do the wireshark capture to be sure it being picked up right.
is your brother(host) broadband with plusnet?
ephoscus

I got my problem sorted, went for the default port number 3106 and now it's flying along. We've been playing the game for sometime and have fiddled with different port numbers, maybe before the current traffic system, hence the recent problems.
Anyway I still say a list would have been very useful, it's not really a security issue, especially if users are asked to the do the capture themselves, it's already open so why not just post the full game list from the traffic system database automatically, that why users can find out exactly what the numbers are at all times.