cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecraft not working

retrend
Dabbler

Minecraft not working

Please make work.  Must plus.net, other friend on plus.net has exact same issue, he will be along shortly to explain it.  This game has sold 28 billion copies, so really should be supported.
4 REPLIES 4
retrend
Dabbler

Re: Minecraft not working

Think forum software may be broken also, sentences not forming correctly  Grin
retrend
Dabbler

Mate can't be bothered after spending months trying to get League of Legends help with you guys actually, think we're just gonna change isps.
Tidgy
Grafter

I get the same issue... I would really like to see what the reason is. I'm wondering if it is something to do with the fact that it is a Java based game so is it classed as streaming or something and is restricted during peak times. I have no problem playing at other times, but after 7pm...nightmare.
Actually looking at the Plusnet Extra speed chart here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/download_speeds.shtml
it states that P2P goes right down to 128Kb at 6-7pm....
And after checking my usage stats i see the following:
.. my P2P usage has increased this month to 28%....this is in just 8 days....and we don't use P2P products 😮

my usage is also high on the days i am playing on the minecraft server.
Last friday it was 1.67GB (peak time)
Saturday it was 3.13GB (peak time)
Sunday 419.54Mb (but i wasn't online much)
Last night 1.45GB

If the game is indeed played over P2P then i am in a no win situation. I could upgrade to the 'Pro' package to get unrestricted line speeds, but then i am limited to 20gb paid for usage and at my current play rate i would use about 38Gb a month so i would have to pay for the extra 18gb!!!
Plusnet please can you confirm my thoughts and also advise on a resultion?

Gibbs49
Dabbler

Having similar problems, Minecraft is currently being identified as P2P and is being given the lowest priority during peak time. I made a thread informing them, and can upload a wireshark for them if need.
Suggest waiting for a bit to see if we get a response. Problem is definatly their end tho.