Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medal Of Honor MOH

SilentBoBuk
Dabbler

Medal Of Honor MOH

Hi all you PlusNutters

Ive currently been playing alot of medal of honor( pc beta) and  the new release since it has come out
i would appreciate any feed back people have about this for the pc game only single player or multi player,
as my community www.no-mercy.org.uk maybe attending to edom league and require new members to kick it off.
12 REPLIES 12
paulpicks21
Grafter

Re: Medal Of Honor MOH

Hi bud ,
I have played the multiplayer game for a fair few hours now.
I find it very hard to get kills compared to say cod4 or mw2 to the point of frustration.
But for some reason I keep wanting to play it more , I mean the graphics and sound are pretty awesome aint they! ( I have all settings on high , 1920x1050 res on my HD 5850 card)
Just need a bit more practice I guess  Grin
Cheers
Paul.
SilentBoBuk
Dabbler

Hey Paul
i agree with you mate gets a bit difficult to start with just got to get use to the right map with the right weaponary im currently using a overclocked his 5830 and i find that this game is more attractive than COD mw2  and i think COD black ops could be a potential let down which i hope it doesnt turn out like MW2 with no dedi servers
paulpicks21
Grafter

To be honest the only reason I have MW2 is because it came free with my graphics card lol.
I tell ya what , Black Ops better be dedicated servers after the upset they caused with MW2 , how many signed the online petition? Was 100s of 1000s wasn't it?
Cheers
Paul.
SilentBoBuk
Dabbler

Last time i had seen the petition it was at 232.000 signups and Infinity Ward just through it away because they made there 500million and decided to not bother with dedi servers and focused for there next big game to be eggbox and ps3 only,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

They've already announced that Black Ops *will* have dedicated servers, I'm trying to decide whether to get back into FPS gaming myself as I used to play regularly in leagues etc.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SilentBoBuk
Dabbler

Hi Chris
They have annouced that there will be dedicated servers how ever there will only be one master server for the UK and one in europe which i think is holland (this server you will only be able to purchase from one company so multiplay ect will not be running servers for them which is crap)
paulpicks21
Grafter

Ok I can now confirm that medal of honor totally does my head in and I hate it.
Graphics 9/10 , Sound 10/10 , Gameplay (multiplayer) 2/10
Its too hard and it crashes loads , not just on my system , but 2 mates also. Very buggy.
Put it up for sale on play.com but nobody wants it lol.
Roll on Black ops
nittygritty
Grafter

hi guys, long time no see paul:).
i bough the game other week, while graphics looks brill there are a few let downs to the game, firstly my personal opinion
1/ the maps are way too small, (when u spawn u get shot sometimes straight away)
2/objectives have no A or B etc, like bf2 does, so u can tell ur mates where ur heading too
3/ lack of veichles, only 1 tank ive found u can use ( i thought there were more when i read reviews) even when in tank its very jumpy when riding in it, nothing like the smoothness in bf2 again just my opinion
it could have been so much better this game, regarding lag issues, have had no problems no crashes either, all in all i would give the game 6/10 could have been alot higher if they took the time to work on it more n give more thought to things
personally i cant wait for black opps, and battlefield bad company 2 vietnam to come out this winter,
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Chris
... as I used to play regularly in leagues etc.

Ahh, that will have been the source of your "skill" at the Plusnet LAN party.
Incidentally, when are you going to hold another one? Tongue
B.
Zozobra
Grafter

I've been playing MOH on the 360, it takes quite a while to get used to versus COD MW/MW2, but that's always been the case for MOH games - I've always seen them as the purists choice. Earlier posters have hinted at issues with the game, imo the biggest issues with the game are as follows:
The awful spawning system, it's quite possibly for an enemy sinper to camp the spawn point and insta-kill the team one after one.
The accuracy of sub-machine guns/rifles/shotguns at range, it should be nigh on impossible to kill somebody from 100 ft away with a shotgun.
The lack of claymores for snipers, snipers are supposed to be campers.
The lack of maps & the size of available maps
Lack of weapon options
Good things:
Sniping has became an art again
The removal of idiot CoD 'perks'
Realism is back in FPS war games.
SilentBoBuk
Dabbler

* Zozobra i agree with what you have said for the faults new patch was released not so long ago and major adjustments have been made new maps are out which is good but i still think theres a lack of weapons
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I only play it on the ps3 so I'm not sure about bugs on the PC I know there are some on the ps3 like it freezing up when somebody signs in to the psn
I've always seen them as the purists choice

My sentiments exactly  Smiley A lot of people I game with are trading it for black ops which I'm not a big fan of the series, it's a bit scoot and shoot for me too arcady. I have has this argument about MOH and the realism people try and compare it to other FPS and just don't get the point of the game.
Most common argument is you can't tell where your team members are as all players on your side are the same colour on the hud, that's to make your team use the comms to work out your strategy like in real life.
Then I get running out of ammo too easily, how much ammo would you have in real life? Pick your time to strike not just blaze at everything that moves.
No kill cam, that's an improvement in my eyes. Why when you find a good sniping position should you have to keep moving so your victim just comes straight back for you. Use the comms and other members of your squad to pin point the sniping position. Like in real life  Roll_eyes
It does have it's faults, some could be ironed out in patches but in general if you immediately don't like the game best not to expect it to be like another FPS and go into it with an open mind. Play it like it was meant to be played and you will enjoy it.
IMO anyway