cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive drop in internet speed when Eve Online is running.

priestley21

Massive drop in internet speed when Eve Online is running.

Not sure if this is in the right forum and I did notice the other thread lower down about Eve Online but I'm not sure if my issue is the same.
I've only been connected for a few days and I'm very happy with the general internet performance, streaming and download speeds with Plusnet.  However, when running Eve Online my download speed drops from round about 700-800kB/s down to as low as 20kB/s.

Looking for some advise here on what the problem might be and if anyone has a solution.
EDIT: I'd just like to add this is happening at any time of the day, on and off peak times.  Also, when Eve is running the connection will randomly drop, this never happens when Eve is closed.
3 REPLIES 3
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Massive drop in internet speed when Eve Online is running.

No issues here with Eve, usually have streaming radio or TV on in the background on the same pc
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
priestley21

Still after some help, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
priestley21

Turns out my PSU was faulty in the end.  Embarrassed
I noticed the internet dropping out on other games too that didn't require an internet connection so I unplugged all the USB stuff I didn't essentially need and disabled my 2nd monitor and hey presto, works a charm.  Got a new PSU on order now.
Hopefully this'll be of some use to anyone that has a similar problem in the future.