Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MW2 New Recruit

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

MW2 New Recruit

Ok my son has presented me with a CD box with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the front which I can apparently put in my PS3 and get shot. Undecided
That sounds fun as I've not been shot for years. Smiley
All I need to do is find out what controls to use and I can go out and get shot some more Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
27 REPLIES 27
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: MW2 New Recruit

Sounds like we need to have some PN brivate games,  might get to 4 a side?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
paulmcelroy
Dabbler

I was on for a quick game yesterday morning (pc version) and the sheer amount of level 1 players was staggering, was great though getting a lot of kills, though those level oner's will soon learn.
Strat
Community Veteran

Level one 's probably a bit advanced for me just now Wink Smiley
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Addnan
Grafter

Easiest way to play, Sit in the corner with an LMG and spray when someone runs past.
You will probably get a lot of abuse though Crazy
Woody3600
Grafter

Thats a horrible way to play. If anyone plays like that then the abuse id deserved!! I never use LMG's, i care too much about my accuracy Tongue
Adie:quote
Addnan
Grafter

I don't play like that, its just that they are struggling so I am giving them an easy way to play. I do use LMGs though. Love my RPD Bling Silenced/Grip, Cold blooded and steady aim. This class has been even better this weekend with all the lv 1 running around and just looking at the UAV.
Strat
Community Veteran

Struggling is part of the fun of the learning curve Addnan Smiley
It wouldn't be very realistic if I didn't get shot on a regular basis in the early days.
I'll be back with a vengeance so watch out Wink Smiley
monkey001
Grafter

welcome to possibly the worse online game prepare to get shot in the back,shot around corners,laggy games,squeaky comms etc Smiley
craigyoung
Grafter

Welcome aboard Strat.
Rmemeber my top tip - when you pull out a frag grenade, make sure you hold onto it for a good 10 or 15 seconds to build up full power before throwing it.  Grin
Strat
Community Veteran

...and make sure the area around is clear of objects that it could bounce back off Roll_eyes Embarrassed
craigyoung
Grafter

Good point.  Wink
So - how are getting on with it anyway?  Are you playing online or playing the campaign?
Let us know your user name/gaming tag or whatever the youngsters call it and I'll add you as a friend.  We can form some kind of suicide squad.
Strat
Community Veteran

Campaign at the moment and it's seriously frustrating getting to grips with targeting.
Now I know why I never signed up for the Army Roll_eyes it's absolutely manic Shocked
Euge
Grafter

I imagine learning to play Modern Warfare 2 for anyone that hasn't grown up with gaming can be compared to learning to drive. At every level you could compare the difficulties.
To start with you don't even know what the buttons do, you don't know how it handles, you don't know the 'rules' and it can seem very overwhelming having someone with experience beside you helps a lot.
Before you take your test or the plunge into online you realise that you are still in the bottom half in terms ability and skill (which comes with experience)
Once you've finally been driving / Modern Warfaring for 20 hours you feel extremely confident but you still panic when someone jumps out in front of you  Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran

Quote from: Euge
someone jumps out in front of you  Smiley

...or behind you Roll_eyes
I seem  to have arrived at a dead end now. I know which direction to go but can't find a way out. I've even shot a couple of dogs here (sorry Poppy and Josie but it was them or me).
Oh well if at first you don't succeed...........