cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMO's are unplayable

dwrudland

MMO's are unplayable

While being on PlusNet i find it impossible to play MMO's, we get frequent intervals of lag that make playing the game impossible.
Current games iv tried on are
RIFT
Elder Scrolls Online
Path Of Exiles
Wow
I find this rather odd, ad im able to play games hosted by friends on server such as
Ark
Space engineers
H1Z1
Iv tried buying the upgrade package for my account and still nothing.
Iv even tried removing it and still the same issue.
Can anybody shed some light on this, or had any past experience on it ?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MMO's are unplayable

I don't know what MMO means but I do know that my two sons can both play WoW at the same time without issue and we're on ADSL (20CN) and one of them also plays Elder Scrolls again without complaint.
dwrudland

Just had a look at that wireshark pinned topic and noticed that all the IP's from the games mentioned have a "Differentiated Service Field or either 0xa0 or 0x00"
hex
Grafter

I play Rift a fair bit and can't say I have noticed any issues - I assume you are on the EU server rather than US?
Not really had experience with any of the other games on the list other than ESO which was a long time ago but don't recall I had any issues with that either.
What kind of connection are you on (adsl/fibre?) and what are the rough sync speeds?    Might also be worth setting up a ping monitor and posting it to see if that shows up any problems.
Starmans
Grafter

No problems with a WoW EU shard I play on - generally static 15ms ping time with no packet loss.
dogwart

I'm having similar issues playing diablo3 - which is in the Battle.net domain (and WoW).
It has been great in the past, but after running pathping and wireshark, I have got the impression that there is traffic shaping going on in the core BT network after passing through the plusnet system.
pathping allows me to ping the major routers out to my connection service - i.e. Battle.net - and to check the latency and the packet loss.  From the information I have seen in the last few weeks, I'm getting 100% packet loss on the BT part of the network.
A lot of these games - and especially with Battle.net - require stable network connections, lowish latency and low packet loss to play.
find out the IP addresses of the games played - from their own forums - and run pathping (as an admin on the console) and then you can use that information when talking to the tech support guys at Plus.  They will know what you're talking about and it will give them something to work with.
steveuk
Grafter

Odd how some have issues and not others, i play WoW and Tera and Rift and dota2 and smite and many more online games without issues.