cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to leave Entanet

Nailz

Looking to leave Entanet

Enta have started to realised that they couldn't offer what they've been advertising and many people are looking to jump ship - me included.
I'm looking to jump over to the Broadband Pro option mainly as I'm an avid gamer however I still have the following questions:
What are standard pings like on Plusnet for most users?
Can Plusnet get my SNR reset as it's been stuck at 15db for some time now (synced at 8128kbps for 2 years)
How long is the contract?
TYVM Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Looking to leave Entanet

Contracts are generally monthly, though if you take a router you will have to pay something if you leave before the year is up.
Pings are good especially if you don't have interleaving on.
Are you synching at 8128 now or has this dropped with your 15db SNR?
There are certainly lots of people both staff and customers on these forums willing to help with any issues.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

I'm looking to jump over to the Broadband Pro option mainly as I'm an avid gamer
if your just using XBOX or PS3 to game then option2 or 3 would be fine as there straight forward to identify the traffic for and priotize corretly on PN network. where the pro package comes into its own is if you use pc to game as you can be sure all your traffic is in the top 2 priotiy classes so even if a new game has not bein added to the data base you will not have that games traffic chucked in the p2p queue.
iam on option 3 and game on the xbox and all is fine.
What are standard pings like on Plusnet for most users?
iam on fastpath and is somthing you should request if you game alot reduces ping times but turns off error correction at the exchange and can cause instabilty of your line but as your syncin high your line will be o.k.
ping on speedtest.net to maidenhead 23-29ms
command prompt icmp ping to bbc.co.uk 16-21ms
Can Plusnet get my SNR reset as it's been stuck at 15db for some time now (synced at 8128kbps for 2 years)
yes but if it raises again shortly after then BTw will stick there heals on a second request so if there is a fault on your line/any extension wiring inclued then best to sort the fault before having snr reset.
How long is the contract?
if you pay for the activation and router costs then 1 month if you sign up for 12months then you dont have to pay those costs unless you leave before the 12 months is up.
edit. beat me to it.
adiewoo iam sure you have a warning siren for when a new post is made in the gamer forum Grin
Nailz

Hmmm still not too confident at the moment Sad
Here are my line stats:
DSL Connection Details
DSL Line (Wire Pair): Line 1 (inner pair)
Protocol: G.DMT Annex A
Downstream Rate: 5152 kbps 
Upstream Rate: 448 kbps 
Channel: Fast
Current Noise Margin: 14.0 dB (Downstream) 24.0 dB (Upstream)
Current Attenuation: 36.3 dB (Downstream) 23.0 dB (Upstream)
Current Output Power: 19.7 dBm (Downstream) 11.9 dBm (Upstream)
DSLAM Vendor Information: Country: {0x0F} Vendor: {ALCB} Specific: {0x00}
PVC Info: 0/38

I have zero internal wiring...... the main dropline from the pole comes straight through the wall into a master box and everything is terminated there. No internal wiring whatsoever.
The SNR problem appeared because over the past year or so our area has been subject to a crazy amount of electrical issues which buggered up my last router. Ever since the SNR hasn't come down and its quite annoying now!
James
Grafter

Hi there,
If your line is perfectly stable now, we wouldn't have any issues in getting your noise margin reduced.
scootie
Grafter

go with the snr  reset from the off and if it raises again then your with the best isp for helping there customers get to the bottom of there fault.
if it is due to elecy interference out side of your control then there isnt a great deal that can be done.
whats your pings like on ENTRA?
the pings i did were at peak time and stay at these values all day so are very stable even when the network is busy.