cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lineage 2 Ping (again)

ukpalanga
Grafter

Lineage 2 Ping (again)

It has been 6 months that I played L2 with no problems after the big lags I had before. Well one thing I can say "welcome back mr. lag". Not only that the ping is 1000+ but sometimes I cant even log on into the game. This isn't only Lineage 2. All online games show ping of over 1000. Would be nice to have the proper gaming speed back soon. Thanks.
PS: My Skype (chating program) is going on and off all the time. The only thing that works with internet at the moment except Firefox is MSN Messenger.
16 REPLIES 16
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Lineage 2 Ping (again)

I can see you've raised a fault on your account, it does seem like you have an issue with intermittent connectivity. Please don't forget to log back in to http://faults.plus.net and complete the questions, otherwise the fault will close and not be investigated.
Please also make sure you have the router/modem plugged in to the master socket and test the service with all other line items (including faxes and sky+ boxes if you have any) in order to prove the fault is not with your own equipment or internal wiring.
ukpalanga
Grafter

Router is in Master Socket, I tried few games on my laptop and got the same result. Couldn't even connect to the game server.
Weirdest thing is that I didn't have this until yesterday night and nothing was changed neither in my PC or router itself. I always thought that it was the servers fault that I'm getting lag but the Administrator said that it is impossible and no one else reported lag. As much as I know the server is in London so that should be even a bigger reason why I cannot lag in that server.
I've finished the fault report.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There are a large number of disconnections shown in your connection logs. Are these the result of you rebooting the connection? If not, the only thing that will resolve this issue is the fault investigation which cannot continue unless you complete the fault wizard.
ukpalanga
Grafter

Yes, I've tried reconnecting the router few times after I started getting disconnects in games.
Any ideas what might be wrong? Is it my side or your side?
Edit: I've connected to the servers without any lag. Thanks. Still can't connect to skype though. We'll see what happens in the next few hours.
Edit2: Just when I edited this message I got disconnected again. I guess this is my luck...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If it's still dropping with the router in the master socket and all other line items removed, then it's pretty much proved to be a line fault. Having checked your account again the fault is showing as having been closed by yourself - raising this is the only way to get a line fault investigated.
ukpalanga
Grafter

Could this be happening because I have exceeded 60% of my allowances?
Maybe I should raise a ticket for the same game again? Since I only see 2 entries of Lineage 2 in the defined games list and lineage 2 uses 5 different ports.
TCP ports are: 80, 2106, 2009, 7777
UDP: 53
ukpalanga
Grafter

Well there's another thing that I noticed. All night games run fine, but at around 11AM the hell starts again and up to something like 6PM.
If I restart the router I can actually play for like 5-10 minutes without any problems. Although I still cant connect to most of the games.
ukpalanga
Grafter

I'd like to complain again about the same thing. The ping is sky high again and its only for me, not other players. Sometimes I can't even connect or it takes like 1 minute for the server to react to my request to log in.
The game requires something like 1-2kb/s maximum since I was watching how much it takes on my firewall, can it be that because I crossed those god damn 13GB my game starts lagging like hell? Although it is not even 4PM and it cannot be that the "limit over 13GB" slows me down to less than 1kb/s. It was like this for the last week, I was hoping that it'll become fine in a couple of days but it didn't so I'm posting.
I'd like some help on this. Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is the game you're playing already in the list of known games? Given what you're saying it sounds like it isn't and is therefore in the silver queue, hence the slow connection. If you advise of the server IPs and ports, or better still attach a wireshark packet capture when the game is running to a ticket then we'll be able to get the game added and the traffic identified properly.
Please let us know, hope this helps,
ukpalanga
Grafter

I don't know which one you need so I'll put up the DNS and the IP.
IP is - 75.127.75.210
The DNS is - l2authd.l2furyx.com
Port is - 2403
ukpalanga
Grafter

I'm bumping the topic. Same stuff as before. Read first post...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
As per this post please can you run a wireshark capture and attach it to a ticket on your account? That way we'll be able to look into it properly and see if the game traffic is being correctly identified.
There's a guide to using wireshark here.
ukpalanga
Grafter

As much as I understand from the captured packages the game is getting "Bronze" priority or whatever. It shows 0x20.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for doing that - if you can raise us a ticket at http://contactus.plus.net following the path My Broadband Connection -> Broadband Gaming -> Adding a game to our traffic management system and attach the capture file to that ticket we'll be able to get it added for you.