cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left 4 Dead

jojo
Grafter

Re: Left 4 Dead

Great Game!!  Played the PC demo when it came out on steam, and havent stopped playing it. Mind you havent ventured to expert yet as some of the guys said it took them 10 hours to complete. So I guees ill have to wait till ive got a week off work  Crazy
Loon
Grafter

Oh the greatest co-op game ever!  Cool Cool
Will be playing on PC tonight from about 21:00 if anybody want to look me up.
Loon by name Loon by nature Smiley
So who plays this on PC and who on X-Box Crazy
Loon
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

PC here... see you later on Wink
username is over there, if you get a friend request from it then you know who it's from, nice one!
EDIT: just had a look, there's a few Loon's on steam so not sure who to ask. I'll be online later on either way though.
oplesrope
Grafter

i've still only played through 2 of the campaigns - i'll try and tear myself up to the small dark room at the top of the house for a little play later too... (its one thing saying it and another doing it in my experience...)
Ray77
Dabbler

I play it on PC and my nick is Bahamut77cz.
Gl,HF.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Might seem random, but I've been getting a few crashes when playing this recently. A quick google led me to the Left 4 Dead forums and the following advice:
1) If you have an nVidia card, go with the 178 drivers rather than 180 or newer - there's a bug in the later ones apparently.
2) Turn off (or on? not clear from post, sorry) Multi-Core with the following console command (you'll need to enable the console in game):
"mat_queue_mode 0" (minus the quotes)
Full details are here: http://left4deadforums.com/1873-lag-sound-loop-crashes.html
Just posting in case someone gets the same thing, hope it helps.