cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left 4 Dead / 2 - Prioritised gaming??

Myst
Grafter

Left 4 Dead / 2 - Prioritised gaming??

Can someone tell me please if Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead2 are prioritised (pc & 360) as 1, they are not in your list and also trying to play either is impossible with pings over 450 at times even though they ping at 70ish in HLSW or in the server browser.
Other games at this time are fine, just these two affected
Although i have Wireshark install ihavent a clue how to use it so can't test that.
11 REPLIES 11
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Re: Left 4 Dead / 2 - Prioritised gaming??

Are you playing on PC or 360? I've only just got it on 360 and not gone online with it yet but xbox live (IIRC) uses the same port for all games, so we'll have that set right already.
Myst
Grafter

L4D i play on 360 and PC L4D2 only on pc which is where i noticed it. At first i thought it may have been down to my server, however no matter which server i join they are all high
Myst
Grafter

Well?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

For the PC we'll need a wireshark capture so we can see which ports are used by the game and other information that may be useful for us. To do this, start up wireshark before you start playing the game and click on the "List the available capture interfaces..." button. You'll see a list of your network interfaces. One of them will be in use, you can tell by the numbers changing in the "Packets" column. Click the "Start" button next to that capture.
Now leave wireshark running and start the game. After a few minutes quit the game, then click the "Stop the running live capture" button. Save the file (should have the extension .pcap) then attach it to a ticket in our contact us section.
HTH.
monkey001
Grafter

its not just you i know a few people who have the same problem on these games.
on l4d2 you can select to use your own host in permissions but I'm sure its US servers only which explains the problem if you have dedicated
Myst
Grafter

Ok thanks, i shall try this tonight, i would have thought as its a popular game it would have already been in the list!
Myst
Grafter

Ticket sent
Tango
Grafter

Can someone update on this as I still don't see L4D1/2 on the defined games list.
scootie
Grafter

did you not get a confirm reply to your ticket that they was going to fix the sig, the defined list is pants and has never reported all the games right
Lightning1
Grafter

I'm having problems with this game as well (PC Version). I'm constantly being chucked off the dedicated servers each time I connect, the only way to play online is if I either  A) Keep connecting to games and pray I dont get a connection loss  B) Re-connect to the game if my friend is already in it.
When I'm in the game however the ping is <50ms, so it's something else causing it.  I've tried almost everything I can like removing firewalls, changing settings etc but nothing.
Is this still been looked into?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As posted here, we had trouble with the Left 4 Dead 2 rollout, I'll ask Dave if we have an eta for a new rollout.
Edit: The rollout is ready to go but doesn't have a rollout slot yet. Please keep your eye on this thread which will be updated as soon as the change is applied.