Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

League of Legends lagging

just12310
Hooked

League of Legends lagging

Dear Plus Net
Over the last 4 weeks I have noticed a considerable lack of speed from your service. Over the weekend I enjoy playing an online computer game (League of Legends). Due to the poor internet service It has made the game unplayable. Strangely the problem only started about four weekends ago, this is when I first noticed the considerable drop in speed and performance.
Prior to this the service was excellent and provided a speedy connection making playing online a pleasure, but recently I am constantly reconnecting back to the game and suffering large spikes in ping (delay).
I am not sure what has caused the problem. We have taken several steps at home such as ensuring that bandwidth is not being consumed.
I hope you are able to assist in this matter and resolve the slugging speed we are getting 
Awaiting your reply
27 REPLIES 27
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: League of Legends lagging

Are you still seeing your normal speeds?  Run some speedtests.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
just12310
Hooked

Hi
Other surfing and web performance is OK but will run some speed tests when problems occurring and under normal surfing to see what we get.
thanks
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Do you know when the problem happens?  Certain times of day?  or just randomly but for an extended period of time?  More information about it the better.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
just12310
Hooked

Hi Kelly.
I played tonight to do a test. When the game is loading the ping today was around 90 to 100 moping. But in the past it has been as low as 30 while loading.
This is the best ping i get. As soon as the game starts the ping becomes very volatile spiking as high as 6000 or more. Tonight this happened again. the game lasted about 28mins and the vast majority of that game i spent connecting and re connecting and massive lag.
Before the game i had 25ms ping. 3.04 DL and 0.5UP
During the re connection i had 210 ms ping(however this isn’t what LoL was showing) 1.94 down and 0.32 up.
I am planning on borrowing a LAN cable from a friend and trying a wired connection tomorrow to eliminate my wireless card.
I hope this helps
Kindest Regards
Raj
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Raj,
I've just done some testing on your line and I've identified that there is a fault on your telephone line, it's a fault called 'Unbalanced Cable'. As we don't provide you with your telephone service, this would need raising with them and they will get that sorted out for you.
Once this has been resolved, if there are any further issues with your connection, we'd be more than happy to take a look.
fadeaway
Grafter

Any chance you could run those tests on my line please? I'm experiencing similar issues.
dick:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure, it's showing that your router isn't connected at the moment, is this the case?
fadeaway
Grafter

Could be! I'm at work right now & the mrs has a tendency to turn the router off randomly. Sorry, I'll be sure to turn it on & leave it on for the next few weeks.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah - if you could switch it on when you get back and let us know once it's on, we'll take another look for you Smiley
Try and keep the router on as much as you can, if possible.
fadeaway
Grafter

My router has been switched on since last night now.
I was mostly ok tonight but I noticed as soon as ANYTHING happened at the same time as playing a game (eg go to a website on my desktop, a program started to auto update or even connect by my smartphone and try to browse on there) the ping would go crazy. It feels like I can't do anything at once. I have to watch windows resource monitor like a hawk and kill anything which sends/receives data ASAP before it ruins my gaming lag/ping. Basically it feels like I can't have more than one thing sending/recieving at one time.
I also lost connectivity a couple of times at random. The router lost connectivity to the internet rather than my wireless lost connectivity to the router - I can tell because the router's red lights started flashing to tell me it couldn't connect.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: fadeaway
Could be! I'm at work right now & the mrs has a tendency to turn the router off randomly. Sorry, I'll be sure to turn it on & leave it on for the next few weeks.

That is a sure fire way to reduce your speeds. The exchange sees random disconnects as instability on the line a will attempt to stabilise the line by increasing the target noise margin which in turn reduces the sync speed.
Leave the router connected 24/7.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi fadeaway,
Looking at your line I can see your upload is currently capped, it would certainly be worth us uncapping this if you're OK with that?
fadeaway
Grafter

Sure Smiley please do.
Will that help? I just assumed it was data having trouble getting to me, rather than data having trouble being sent.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It may help and definitely won't do any harm, if your upload is being maxed out then this will impact your connection.
I've placed the order and this will complete tomorrow.