cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

League of Legends, causing entire internet to disconnect all network devices.

FIXED
anntutt
Fixes: 1

League of Legends, causing entire internet to disconnect all network devices.

Hello, I have only recently began my service with Plusnet and i've been having issues for the 3 weeks I have been with them.

My issue is, that when my grandson gets home from work, he normally likes to play a video game called league of legends, the first time he sits down and begins playing, around 10 mins into the game, the internet will completely disconnect for all devices in our home and only a physical restart of the router will cause it to come back. After the restart the internet will work perfectly for the rest of the day / night with no issues and he can play.

But everyday, on the first game, it will disconnect our internet completely, it's very annoying for him and us.

Any advice on how to fix this issue? We've been through 2 routers, contacted the games support team and have told us its our router blocking their servers and plusnet support can't seem to find any reason why it's doing it.

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: League of Legends, causing entire internet to disconnect all network devices.

Were they different routers?   Is the game doing anything (downloading a patch/update?)   Which Plusnet product do you have?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
anntutt

Re: League of Legends, causing entire internet to disconnect all network devices.

Nope, same routers, Hub One, just a new replacement. Nope, just connecting to their servers. Downloading and Patching are completely fine. 

Kelly
Hero

HI!  Any luck?

I can see you've been on contact and we've advised that we can't see you disconnecting.   What are the symptoms of the on the other devices when it happens?

Kelly Dorset
anntutt

Fix
Yup, I ended up removing the Hub One router and buying a third party one instead

Works fine, no issues whatsoever. Both routers were either faulty or had the same issues.
Kelly
Hero

That's very odd.

Glad to hear you've got around it.  I'll talk internally about what you've seen.

Kelly Dorset