Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency

JamesM
Grafter

Re: Latency

Here's a question for people in the know,
When I had problems with the Thomson I am pretty sure my upload was capped, could this be a problem that when my router / computer is uploading my information to the game server, it is causing a bottlekneck, so I am in one position yet everybody else is infront of me as in time and position in the game ?
Just thinking out loud.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Like Kelly said earlier though, it really can depend a lot on the response from the server your are pinging.
I play Diablo 3 and get a figure of around 65 for my latency, yet that doesn't cause me any problems at all.
Does your Graphics Card meet the minimum specification for the game as your Frames Per Second (FPS) may be lower than you'd like?
jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks all,i have found my little belkin router & it is up & running,will see how this runs for a while,test results with belkin.

ITS ACTUALLY A  LITTLE BILLION ROUTER,BUT W,ELL SEE.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
jockwav
Aspiring Pro

Grin
https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
Gus
Aspiring Pro

@JamesM you need a constant speed of around 15kB/s both up and down free for a FPS and slightly more if you play MMO's with there extra data with more graphics in game, for each instance of the game running.  So if you have other online applications in background or someone else in your house is online, your latency could suffer unless you have the bandwidth on your connection to handle multi people online while gaming.
So if your upload is not uncapped and you using teamspeak/mumble/vent you might want to cap there speed they are allowed to use.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
JamesM
Grafter

Cheers for that Gus, I always rememebr my mate in Ireland going off his nut when his kids got on the wifi while he was on BFBC2  Grin