cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency in WoW has jumped.

Azagoth
Grafter

Latency in WoW has jumped.

Normally I'm getting around the 23ms-42ms mark, yet over the last couple of days it's jumped right upto 422ms-505ms which is making the game unplayable.  Is there any reason why this is happening and is anyone else having severe latency problems with WoW?
6 REPLIES 6
moemoff
Grafter

Re: Latency in WoW has jumped.

I am having the same problem ..tonight it went over  2000 ms! Usually its around 23ms
bibbley

Both me and the wife are having the same issues but only on our home server which could equate to a specfic battle group. I am on Azurmyst (Glutsturm/Emberstorn battlegroup). Lag around 1-2k peaking at 4k but 23ms on realm outside this battlegroup
moemoff
Grafter

I am on Darkspear ~(Battlegroup EU Cruelty/Crueldad). Last night it was impossible even to do farming (herbs). The little computer sign was showing red all the time.  2000 plus ms but when you started it was showing my usual low ms of 19 home 23 world.
Something has to be up because their forums have been down and still are down with this message:
It’s a busy day for Battle.net!
Due to high volume of traffic, we’ve taken our World of Warcraft and Starcraft II Community sites offline to allow as many users as possible to claim keys, upgrade accounts and manage subscriptions. As soon as website load is back to normal we’ll open these sites again. Thank you for your patience!
I tried this morning but only for a short period and the latency looked ok.
Azagoth
Grafter

Getting that page myself, but even if I click on the 'Manage My Account' button it just refreshes that page. 
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I stumbled across something on the WoW forums myself a few days back and noted down the URL in case I saw any of you guys complaining over here.
The thread in question was here, however I can't read it at the moment as they've taken it off line due to high traffic demands Roll_eyes
IIRC though, there were players from a variety of ISPs in the UK complaining about high latency.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Martha
Grafter

Latency? Awh man Sad Glad I was at work then, hehe, latency sucks in raids!