cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lan?

simon1

Lan?

Hi Guys,
does anyone know of any LAN parties, held in the North of England? I am due a weekend pass from the missus, and am desperate to use it  Smiley
The clan I'm in, used to go to one in Middlesbrough, but it dried up. Any ideas appreciated, no tents though.
10 REPLIES 10
simon1

Re: Lan?

I'm packed already, just say when  Smiley
Where can I find further info?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The home page is http://www.sychosis.com/ - I'll try and get hold of the guy that's organising it to drop a post in too, but he's ill at the moment.
Ghozer
Grafter

*waves*
Hey, its me, im one of the organisers, if you want any info on the lan, or have any questions, just let me know either on here or on the lan forums (http://www.sychosis.com/) there should be enough info on there though Smiley
Note: (I Just wish to make this clear) While the lan is sponsored by PlusNet, and I work for PlusNet, this is NOT a PlusNet hosted lan Smiley
simon1

great stuff, a few questions for now: where's the nearest accommodation, and how secure will the pc's be if we aren't there? What games do you think will be played? - and is there a bar?  Smiley
Ghozer
Grafter

nearest accomodation is a hotel close by who we are discussing attendee discounts with...
the PC's will be as secure as we can be, there will be our staff, as well as dome 'stewards' around 24 hours, (things like CD's, mobile phones, mp3 players etc (basically small / easy to steal things) will be your responsibility)
as for games...
CoD4 - Headline Tournament
CS Source - 'fun' Tournament
UT3 - 'fun' Tournament
Guitar Hero 2/3 - 'fun' Tournament
There will also be CS1.6, Track Mania Nations, UT99, WiC, Supcom, Quake 3, Quake 4, and others.. Oh, and Rockband too Wink
Yes, there is a bar, the dome has thier own Smiley
James
Grafter

TrackMania Nations?!
That is like the most insane racing game I have ever played.  EVER.
Number of hours of my life I've lost to that are just silly Smiley
simon1

one of the lads was asking whether he could hire a pc, as he's coming over from Ireland?
Ghozer
Grafter

Were in talks with PB at the moment re: loaning some PC's for people to use as rental machines but this isnt 100% confirmed yet.
simon1

how we doing with the loan pc's etc?
Ghozer
Grafter

The rental machines from PB fell through, they never got back in touch with us, and every attempt we made to get in touch with them hit a brick wall.
We do however have 10 machines which can be used as TUP machines but only not during tournament games and the tournament finals.