Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lagging while online gaming

theograham1612
Grafter

Lagging while online gaming

Hello,
I seem to be having problems gaming on Xbox 360.
I'm struggling to join peoples games and I seem to be lagging when I'm speaking but yet I hear them fine.
Has my connection been changed or anything?
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Lagging while online gaming

Moved to gaming as I suspect that it is more likely a peering problem and is better discussed there
Which games are you having trouble with
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Do you have problems when doing anything else other than gaming? Do the games themselves lag or just the voice aspect?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
theograham1612
Grafter

Hello,
I believe I have found the issue, I think someone was accessing my wireless and using my connection without my knowledge, as after I deleted everything and insured all my devices had their WiFi off there was still something connected. What is it I have no idea, as a result I changed my wireless password and turned off my WiFi and although I don't lag in game I still lag for someone when I join a party. I don't know if it's his connection but he does tell me that everything is fine before I join which would mean the problem lies with me.
Would someone be able to tell me if I'm on a fastpath or interleaved profile please? If it's an interleaved profile can I be switched to a fastpath profile please?
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Interleaving is on low, but shouldn't cause issues like you're reporting. Unfortunately on Fibre we don't have the same tools as on ADSL so we can't switch interleaving on/off.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
theograham1612
Grafter

I've sorted the problem by assigning DMZ to the Xboxs IP, something I never had to do up to this point.