Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lagging on PSN

Kpro
Dabbler

Lagging on PSN

Hi guys
I have upgaded to plusnet fibre, and Im getting a lot of lagging while playing online on PSN.I am using  what was supply to by plusnet which is Netgear WNR1000, i have tried a variety of setting like , DMZ , set a static IP adress for the PS3 , tried defaut setting swithch on and off upnp on the router and nothing seems to have sought out the lagging. Surfing the web is fine and dont have any disconnecting problems just the lagg on PSN.
I am using wireless and my signal is 80 to 87 so its not the wifi strength.
Any advice will be much appreciated  Smiley
16 REPLIES 16
Kpro
Dabbler

Re: Lagging on PSN

Any one  Cry
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hullo.
Your speed profile on our side was wrong limiting your speed to ADSL speeds.  I've just changed that now, let me know if that seems better.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kpro
Dabbler

Thank you  Smiley
I let you know if it has made any different  Smiley
dick:quote
Kpro
Dabbler

Just finish a game of black ops and assassins creed online, still has a lot of laggs  Cry
Kelly
Hero

Have you restarted your router recently?  If not, restart the router and the modem and then try. 
Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

I've just answered my own question. It looks like you are restarting quite a bit OR you are dropping. Have a look at this pic and let me know if it matches when you are restarting your router.
If not, then you probably have a fault which we can look at getting raised for you:
Kelly Dorset
Kpro
Dabbler

I actuly do turn off  my modem and router when i dont use the internet, is that not a good thing to do ? I dont have any disconnecting issue just lagging while playing online.
I allso done a speed check and seem to only to get around speed around 5MB down load and 1MB upload.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

No it is generally advisable to keep the router on and connected all the time otherwise the exchange can see frequent disconnections as line instability and attempt to correct the situation by raising your SNRM and thereby reducing your sync speed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scootie
Grafter

first of try setting a TBB ping monitor up and leave the router on. if that comes back ok then i strongly advise wiring the PS up to the router and ruling out the wireless. best to rule out even if your sure its not the cause, many a time its the simple solution that gets left till last to check.
i will buy you drink if your graph is worse than my avg VM 30mb stats
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/88d6556776027a75001ac5e45413b280.html
and thats a good day
Kpro
Dabbler

Thanks for all your help guys Smiley
Im gonna leave my router and modem on and connected at all time now, i usually turn them off at night when i go to sleep.
Hopefully that will solve the lag on psn, if not i mute have to buy a new router to see if it helps , i just have the feeling that the router is restricting something when i play online ?
Kpro
Dabbler

I have started to leave my router and modem left now but still getting lagg while playing online on psn  Cry 
The only time it has gone off was after i updated the setting , like DMZ the PS3 to see if it would helped but still no luck.
I have gone back to fefault setting and have decided to buy a new router to see if it will help.
Mathias
Grafter

To reduce lag you want to turn interleaving off on your line (ask plusnet to do that for you), but you need a stable line first for it to be effective. This will also improve your upload speed which will help with gaming.
Also keep your ps3 in DMZ as it is more likely to keep your NAT type as open, which is preferable.
Kpro
Dabbler

Thanks mate  Smiley i give that a go and let you know if that solved the lagg . Thanks again.
Kpro
Dabbler

Gave  plusnet a call and was told that it not recomened to turn the interleaving off, was givern some other advise but still getting lagg  Cry
Only thing i can think i can do is get a new router, hopfully it will solve this lagg that is anoying so much Cry