cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAN Party - Oh yeah!!

prichardson
Grafter

Re: LAN Party - Oh yeah!!

Well the match Team 1 V's Team 2 second half ended 7 - 2, with Team 1 steaming through.
Slight correction though, it was 4 - 5 in the first half, I mixed it up for fun Cheesy
prichardson
Grafter

We have had our first white wash.
Team 3 V's Team 4. First half ended 1 - 10 and the second 0 - 10. Ending 1 - 20, I kinda think it was a good job the staff lost before reaching this stage Tongue
Remember Adam, concentration is the key. Just too late for us now.
prichardson
Grafter

Well, the play-off finals were an even bigger white-wash with a twist.
Team 2 V's Team 3.
First game ended 0 - 10 and the second, well, it didn't end. At last count it was around 5 - 4, so only a single point to Team 3 meant they had won.
Whilst attempting to check how long was left of the match, just before pressing the magic button, the server went AWOL for everybody.
It didn't need a rematch as by the time it hit 11 points to Team 3, it wasn't just hard for Team 2, but impossible.
Well, as we head into the final two 15 minute stints of the tournament, it's time to get myself into trouble with a photo. When directors game... nuff said.
Emma
Grafter

I wish I'd been told there was guitar hero!
Am a master at it, I got RSI from playing to much of it.
Raaaaaaa and I was in today as well Cry
prichardson
Grafter

We head into the second half of the final and we have a situation. Team 4 lead 10 - nil and need only 1 round as the terrorists to take an overall win.
As it stands, Team 1 hold the lead at 1 - nil. But what's this, it's all over, Team 4 take it.
It's now down to show they will not washout with only a single round to their name.
prichardson
Grafter

Well hell yeah, what a day it has been. Free gaming, free food and free prizes.
To round up the day the following running order occured.

• 1st Team 4
    Wireless keyboard, mouse, headset and desktop speakerphone + £50 PC World voucher

• 2nd Team 1
    Highspeed 1GB USB Flash memory stick + £50 PC World voucher

• 3rd Team 3
    Highspeed 1GB USB Flash memory stick

We also gave away a years free subscription to our Broadband Your Way Pro product to a lucky winner. Staff were excluded, not because that would make it unfair, but because they played well and truly cr rubbish and don't deserve it.
The lucky winner was, well, he didn't stick around long enough for me to confirm if or not we could publish his name. Well done to him all the same.
Photos of the lucky team in order of 1st, 2nd & 3rd below.
wolverine
Dabbler

What a wicked day, even though we got our [Censored]'s whooped it was all good fun. Looking forward to next  time!!
BTW, what do you mean poser???!!???? Your just jeolous cos i take a good photo !
Cheesy
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

One question - how long did it take to convince Domino's that the order was infact genuine? Tongue
Any future plans for another lan party?
wolverine
Dabbler

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
One question - how long did it take to convince Domino's that the order was infact genuine? Tongue

Its not our first large order. When we do well in Plusnet, we reap the rewards. Its a exellent place to work!
see http://www.plus.net/careers ; Wink
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Already have Mike, it's been a thought for a month or two now! Only thing stopping is the fact I'd need to relocate pretty far (same reason I couldn't make the LAN party this time round).
wolverine
Dabbler

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
Already have Mike, it's been a thought for a month or two now! Only thing stopping is the fact I'd need to relocate pretty far (same reason I couldn't make the LAN party this time round).

Nice one, what role have you got in mind, if you dont mind me asking?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

w00t, well I was the only staff member to reach the final Wink Although it was mainly due to the playing skills of Rufio and HenryD carrying me through! I even gave one lucky dip winner the prizes I should have won, hope you enjoy them!
Overall it was a very good day, I'd like to thank everyone that came and even though that gave morale support it was really appreciated. Cheers guys.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I'll be there next time Chris don't you worry, and you won't be alive so often that time round Wink
Colin
Grafter

As a completely non-gamer,  I have to say I did actually enjoy the LAN party, if just to enjoy some of the fun that was going on in the game Cheesy (That, and the Pizza helped when it was combined Breakfast and Lunch!)
Although I wasn't quite as brave as Neil as I didn't attempt to join in the games Smiley
Colin
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: Steam Conversation
Never tell your password to anyone.
HellsFire: this the team matches going on on Dust Only?
LeV!aXxaN: arrgghh
Sorry Chris

No worries Mike, wasn't actually playing at that point although it did make CSS decide to quit  Sad
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.