Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAN Party - Oh yeah!!

LiamM
Grafter

Re: LAN Party - Oh yeah!!

Quote from: PJ
I assume there will be boxes there for people to who are coming on the train.

I would suspect it will be boxes provided - yes.  I'd also assume that everyone would have to use aforementioned provided boxes, and people bringing their own disallowed - but only PlusNet can confirm that.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Quite an unusual setup for a LAN party then. In the majority of cases its bring your own, and only a handful (if any) provided for use by the organisers.
Although I suppose this may be different since it is PlusNet that is organising it all, but why would they have around 50 gaming-standard machines in the offices?
Mark
Grafter

Soz to dissapoint guys but we cannot supply boxes. Those attending will have to provide their own kit.
The systems we use on a day to day basis would never be suitable for gamers in a month of Sundays and as is normal at these types of events we felt those attending would be far more comfortable with their own kit.

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I suspected as much (I'd personally prefer my own kit - if it screws up then I only have myself to blame :P)
Got CS:S 50% redownloaded - any quick way of checking if anyones on the servers?
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Yea, hopefully monitors will be provided, because needing to bring a 22" monitor down as well as my system will be a bit of a pain.
Driving down from central Scotland sorry PJ, else I'd offer.
Mark
Grafter

Yeah. I'm sure we can rustle up a monitor or two Smiley
There might even be the odd plasma kicking around Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Got CS:S 50% redownloaded - any quick way of checking if anyones on the servers?

8 People on one of them at the moment Cheesy
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
8 People on one of them at the moment Cheesy

29% to go Tongue are these the servers we'll be using during the LAN party?
[me=MikeWhitehead]begins practicing by randomly clicking all over the desktop and shouting "BOOM HEADSHOT!"[/me] Tongue
dhookham
Grafter

Quote from: Mark
The systems we use on a day to day basis would never be suitable for gamers in a month of Sundays

And you'd have to end your own Quake sessions  Wink
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
Mark
Grafter

Now David. No letting our trade secrets out.
We do work sometimes. Tongue
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: PJ
Anyone driving up from Cambridgeshire then? I assume that monitors can be provided so it's just the box you need.

Not really, but I could go via that way - would add an hour or two on but I don't have an issue with that
Would you be comfy on the back of the Combine tho? Wink
B.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

For those of you that haven't seen my latest blog, here is the link:-
http://community.plus.net/comms/2007/09/14/lan-party-fragfest-at-plusnet-towers/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Sounds good to me! I should be able to bring my monitor with me if the missus is kind enough to drive me down - saves monitors for others who can't bring theirs.
What's Sheffield like for shopping? Means she doesn't need to be stuck with me shouting headshot all day Cheesy
James
Grafter

There's Meadowhall, if she likes big shopping centres and there's also a fair amount of shops in the city centre.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Good good. Suppose it also means I'll need to dish out the bank cards Cry
Practice session tonight anyone? Cheesy