Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAN Party - Oh yeah!!

zubel
Community Veteran

Re: LAN Party - Oh yeah!!

Quote from: Acassim
I think we are yet to confirm the games line up so Wolf:ET could well be on the list!  Grin
Does anybody still play the CoD series?

Well, Wolf:ET is a popular choice, as you can offer it on the day as it's a free download.
I wonder if we'd have enough bandwidth tho ;);)
B.
James
Grafter

Joys of FTTO.
zubel
Community Veteran

Out of interest, is this likely to be a weekend or weekday event?
Also, is there a recommended hotel nearby where I can drop the name 'Plusnet' and get a much cheaper price? Wink
B.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's likely to be on a weekend. Can't really confirm dates, but we are looking roughly around the 20th October.
There are many hotels, not sure about PN rates tho Wink I'll ask in fridays meeting.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zubel
Community Veteran

Excellent!  I'll make sure I'm available.
it's a bit of a drive from Somerset on the combine harvester, so I need to plan in advance.
Anyone want me to bring some Cider? :P:P:P
B.
James
Grafter

Arrrrr
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Only if I can call you Farmer Jack, Barry Grin
I second the hotel comment, although I'd also appreciate some begging tips to persuade the OH to come play Tongue
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: MikeWhitehead
Only if I can call you Farmer Jack, Barry Grin

Of course - everyone else does.  Huh
Quote from: MikeWhitehead
I second the hotel comment, although I'd also appreciate some begging tips to persuade the OH to come play Tongue

"Darling, I'm off to a usergroup meeting with our ISP.  They've invited me to come along so they can get a representative sample of interested customers to help progress the company. Here's my credit card, see on you Sunday."
Should cover it Wink
B.
LiamM
Grafter

Might be worth PN giving a couple of local hotels a call and seeing if they can tie up a deal for recommendation with a discount.
Chris
Legend

Quote from: LiamM
Might be worth PN giving a couple of local hotels a call and seeing if they can tie up a deal for recommendation with a discount.

Did you not see my post up above, I'll ask in Fridays meeting.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

*slaps James_H* - As above.
Mark
Grafter

Hi guys.
The idea of approaching a couple of hotels has been discussed and we're well up for trying to negotiate a deal. However quantity always swings it Wink
I'm happy to talk to a couple of local hostleries but favourable pricing might well depend on numbers.
Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

I vote the McDonald St Pauls 😉  £150/night luxury room lol.
See if you can get 'em down to £20!
I'd be up for LAN partyness, but I'm bound to get fragged to fraggery.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

"fragged to fraggery" - That's the most original phrase I've heard in a long while!
I suggest any hotel that is nice and tidy, cheap, and maybe even has a bar Tongue
I've been given the go-ahead by the OH to come down to this: seems your credit card idea done the trick Barry Tongue
Now all I need to do is get my PC sorted (northbridge fan died. Waiting for a replacement, but they may need to replace the board too :()
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

That would help, could PN say if this would be a go or not (I wouldn't be too hopeful of PN having a few spare gaming machines laying around though? However I may be very wrong :P)
If not I might just bring mine down with me. The OH was talking about going shopping, so I'll let her drive down while I look after my precious, dying PC Tongue