Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Condition

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Known Condition

I'm a devout Playstation user but have recently looked with interest at an Xbox One.
Is this an age thing (I'm 67) or do I need to seek medical advice or maybe spiritual counselling?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
14 REPLIES 14
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Known Condition

Dont worry Strat , you are not alone  Cool alto i am only 60 in September  and  i still play online PC games  Cheesy
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

You would be surprised at how many pensioners play online on PC's and consoles are just cut down pc's no matter how they are marketed.  Only reason I never bought a console is the lack of keyboard and mouse, I simply can't play games with a gamepad.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Strat
Community Veteran

I have a PS3 rather than game on a PC as I only have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs which I find is not enough for keyboard gaming.
The point of my post is my act of unfaithfulness to my PS3 by looking at and pricing up an Xbox One. Embarrassed
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I recently bought my son a ps4  Tongue and i just cant get used to a game pad  Shocked
Strat
Community Veteran

It is a case of each to their own.
I will confess that when I had a go on my son's Xbox, I found the controller more intuitive than my PS3 controller.
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

You can use a controller on a PC, PS3/4 controllers can be a bit fiddly to make them work on a PC, but eggsbox £3.60 and crossbone ones are just plug and play (due to the convenience that M$ makes & runs the exbox platform), and most windows-oriented PC games are usually set up to use a shoebox controller out of the box, so, you can use a PC as though it were a console... Smiley
But, the problem with PC gaming is the hardware and software, it varies from system to system, so a game may run fine on one box, but really badly on another, which is one of the ways consoles take the lead in performance terms, BUT, PC versions tend to be a bit more open to tweaking and improving, which is what makes them so much better... Smiley
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

, which is what makes them so much better...  Well said Twockbloke  Cool
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

@strat,
nothing to do with age, I went from the ps2 to the 360 on the groudns that if I was going ot have ot rebuy the games to keep playing them I might as well get something I could use online...
and then on to the xbone
I disliked the ps3 controllers and the higher price per game when it was released, the xbone works well with windows link and smart glass and has a few other tips n tricks, I also don't need to buy an overpriced subscription to play games (£30/yr) unlike the ps3 version that despite costing more to purchase also required me to buy a season pass in order to play after the initial 30 days free.......
and to make things worse between the ps4 and the xbone the xbone had the ability to link control the 360 (so I didn't have to rebuy all my favourite games) but the ps4 has no such backwards compatability option, yet again screwing the players.
its bad enough I buy half the games on both pc and console (so they kids can play them as well) without needing to buy them for the new versions of the console as well ....
I also prefer the majority of games on pc rather than console but I like the console controllers to play on both platforms (where supported) all I need now is a new pc controller since my last one stopped working ....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: nanotm
I also don't need to buy an overpriced subscription to play games (£30/yr) unlike the ps3 version that despite costing more to purchase also required me to buy a season pass in order to play after the initial 30 days free.......

Owned my PS3 for about a year & a half and so far not needed to buy a PlaystationPlus subscription to play games online, it's xbox live that's always needed a sub to play online with (hence why my £3.60 is sat under my bed gathering dust as I didn't feel like paying for a game that I had to pay some more to play online, plus everyone I knew got GTA5 for the PS3 anyway!!)... Huh
but the ps4 has no such backwards compatability option, yet again screwing the players.

They do now, but you have to get the 1TB PS4 console in order to play PS3 games on it, as the PS3 is basically a PowerPC derived processor system and the PS4 an x64 processor system, so has to run an emulator to play PS3 games on it (though why the 1TB+ versions only, I don't know and CBA to google it)... Smiley
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

to generate new console sales from all the early adopters who will of course buy the latest version in much the same way as apple generates sales buy constantly releasing tweaked versions of the same product with a new number ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
PitchBlack
Grafter

I have a PS3 strat, I play games 99.9% on my PC, but if I was to get another console, I would go for the Xbox one, so no you don't need counselling.
Strat
Community Veteran

Thank you PB.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Personally I think you should wash your mouth out with soap and water, then order a ps4.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran

Personally I think you should go to bed.
I've just bought some NAS storage so a PS4 is out of the question at the moment.
Just thinking as I sit here watching a 1.596GB Advanced Warfare update download...I could do with fibre Roll_eyes