cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Killzone 2 : Officially Brilliant

Euge
Grafter

Killzone 2 : Officially Brilliant

After getting halfway through the campaign on veteren difficulty and deciding to try out the multiplayer part of the game I'ts clear this game is head and shoulders aboce the rest. I've played 4 hours on multiplayer and it doesn't look like I'll be giving it up any time soon.
It's better than COD4 in every possible way, especially with the lack of the prestige mode which is more irritating and doesn't really offer any sense of achievement since it can be done by playing the game for several hours.
Killzone rewards you for playing well as a team and I like the idea of the badges.
Who else has bought it? What do you think?
12 REPLIES 12
scootie
Grafter

Re: Killzone 2 : Officially Brilliant

Lips_are_sealed
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Haven't got it... yet. Think I will get it at some point.
ASBO - have you zipped your mouth shut because you don't want to admit it's finally time to buy a PS3?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

I suspect that day will never happen!
Tyreal74
Grafter

So the PS3 finally has more than one GOOD game, theyre still stuffed compared to XBOX  in terms of quantity of good games
dvorak

*yawn*
Customer / Moderator
Euge
Grafter

Why does an Xbox owner feel the need to divert the course of a post by trying to play down the PS3. In no way was my post there to annoy people, it's very title should only attract people who own a PS3 since they are the only people that can comment. I wont even begin to argue why your opinion is about as much use as a condom machine in a nunnery.
It's made me buy a set of head phones with microphone. It's actually one meant for PC use so I had to buy a usb adapter as well but it's well worth it since the bluetooth head sets are a bit unreliable and can cut out (Aparently). During any game you can join a squad of 4 under the phonetic alphabet titles i.e. Alpha, and then communicate between that group. Also you can hear the chatter of ANY player, which includes enemies, when they are close to you.
Plus usefully, unlike COD's downfall, you choose your region (so Europe) and then choose the game manually (so UK Warzone as opposed to lichtenstein) which gives a better chance of good latency.
dvorak

I bought the logitech usb headset designed for the PS2 and that works really well.
Like the sound of been able to chose the region you want to play in. It's certainly got some good write ups.
Might have to see if the pocket money can stretch this month  Grin
Customer / Moderator
Tyreal74
Grafter

Im not dragign the thread down.
Im just making a post till i play it this weekend =]
ITFCdan
Grafter

I got it on launch day , it looks nice but i found it plays a bit like norwich and im back on COD4 already , i won't sell it though as i don't think i gave myself enough time to adapt.
I have to say i found the controls very fustrating and that people were just hip firing at random to get kills!
ASBO has zipped his mouth , he must have seen the graphics. Grin
scootie
Grafter

sry that my first post sent the thread off topic. they say a picture says a 1000 words.
hope you have many hours of happy gaming on the exclusive.
i wait for the day they bring a fps cross platform game out and we can fight the console war on the battlefield  Cheesy .  yeah like that will ever happen can you tell i  live in a dream world.
so whats the multiplayer setup like on this game?. the normal fps modes or have they re inveted the fps all togther
Euge
Grafter

I'll admit the gameplay does seem to split people down the middle and although I myself have been comparing this game to COD4, it is slightly unfair to do it either way. Despite the fact they are both FPSs they do things differently and it's pretty hard to come up with a fair comparison since one will have a certain feature which appeals to some whilst the other has an almost opposite feature which appeals to others. For instance the slowness of movement, used in order to give killzone a realistic feel compared to COD's turning of the head causing probable whiplash (in comparison, it's no less realistic). The targeting/cover mechanics are also handled very differently but plays more of a role in the campaign since there is no cover system in multiplayer.
The hip firing happens in close quarters which is pretty sensible but for long range I think you'd be hard pushed to pull off a headshot from 100 yards without scoping.
Don't know if they have done it before but the differing modes seemlessly move in from one to the next but they are the same as any FPS but with different names possibly. So 5 minutes of team deathmatch followed straightaway by assassination and it works really well and keeps you on your toes.
Tyreal74
Grafter

There isnt anything really come compare KZ2 to at the minute, as it - like Gears in in a league of its own, the only thing that will be comparable this year is Section 8 - now that looks stunning