cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting unable to connect issues with Apex legends

Chris790
Hooked

Keep getting unable to connect issues with Apex legends

First time start ups are never an issue, and I get into a game fine. However, when that game finishes - and I try to go back into the main menu I get the "unable to connect issue". I've tried forwarding ports, switching off firewalls, DMZing my PC etc to no effect. When I tethered my phone however to the PC and used the internet through that the error stopped occurring so should in theory have ruled out my PC being the issue.

Router is a Technicolor TG582n FTTC if that helps.

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Keep getting unable to connect issues with Apex legends

Hi there.

Do you have the broadband firewall on your account switched on?

You can check/change the settings from Here. If you do it may be worth (temporarily perhaps) switching it off and retesting.

Let us know how this goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chris790
Hooked

Hi,

The firewall on the account is off. No effect sadly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah that's disappointing, do you know how long you've had this issue for and if you've ever not had it? Is the problem just localised on Apex legends or other games too? Do you also know if you have a static or dynamic IP address?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chris790
Hooked

Since Apex has come out. I've had similar issues with Destiny 2 where I struggled to join friends in games - but that seem to resolve itself in the end. Not had problems with other games.

No idea on the dynamic/static IP I'm afraid. How would I know?

Chris790
Hooked

Just checked - its dynamic.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the detail Chris.

I've done some digging and I can see your connection dropping everyday at around midnight as well as a fault on the phone line which may be causing the issues you're seeing so I've reported that to Openreach now.

We've been advised of an estimated response time of by 05/03/19 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further. Could you let me know how it goes over the next few days please?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey @Chris790, how's your gaming on Apex legends now? Are you still seeing issues?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dsevans
Dabbler

Hi.  I am getting this issue.  I never used to - its only been since i reinstalled the game.  Did you ever resolve it?

Chris790
Hooked

Hi,

I'm afraid not. I changed provider shortly after and that fixed it. Sorry that's not really helpful!
dsevans
Dabbler

Thanks for getting back to me.  Out of interest, who did you change to and have they generally been ok for gaming?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @Chris790 I'm sorry to see you decided to leave us. It's good to see you're no longer experiencing this problem which is interesting, although a number of things change when you swap to another provider such as a router.

Thanks for getting in touch @dsevans What seems to be common between both of you based on what you've said Here is the router, although I'm not aware of any issues with the TG582n to cause connectivity problems unless it's developing a fault. Let me look into this further for you when I'm in the office next week and I'll post back to your thread then.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dsevans
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf.

Thanks for the response.  I've been having a few other issues here and there that, according to the support guys, might be due to the router being rather old; over 6 years now.  They therefore suggested I try another router.  I've got one due to arrive in the week so I will try with that and then come back here to feedback - hopefully with the same amount of luck as Chris experienced.

Cheers,

David.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi David, thanks for the post back. No problem, I've just tested your line now and I can't see any issues which would cause this so I think us sending you a new router was definitely a good call. Let me know how it goes once you've received it and had a chance to give things a whirl. Cheers, Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dsevans
Dabbler

Thanks for this.  It certainly does seem like the new router has helped.  Its been up for a few hours without any issues...which is great!  Fingers and toes are crossed that it carries on like this.  Thanks for chcking the line out for me - its massively appreciated!