cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep dc'ing on computer games frequently

Wowfierce

Keep dc'ing on computer games frequently

Hi, I've been getting this problem a lot lately and it is not the first time i've experienced it. I like to play computer games such as World of Warcraft and League of Legends however in games, i get a period in which i can't stop disconnecting. This is obviously really annoying for myself as i wish to progress in ranked games and in PvP arenas. I've rung up plusnet a couple of times about this problem however it still remains unsolved. I have done micro filter replacements, tried the connecting with no other devices plugged into the line, moved the rotor around in the house to see if it made a difference, tested the line and didn't sound to be any interference, called an engineer round and was told that there's nothing wrong with the line, replaced the plusnet rotor for a new one and still i get constant dc's in game which are about a minute apart and the internet stays down for about 5 minutes.  If anyone knows what i can do about this, that would be of a lot of help!
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Keep dc'ing on computer games frequently

Duplicate post removed
All4One
Grafter

Is this still ongoing?
I presume you're connecting via ethernet and not wireless?
Wowfierce

Yeah it is, i randomly will start a game with high ms and then after a few games it goes down then randomly keeps spiking. My modem is still disconnecting frequently and i've tried both ethernet and wireless and experience the same problems 😕
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Sorry for the delayed response.
If this problem is still ongoing, can you advise what router it is that you're using please?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just had a look at your account and it seems that you haven't connected since around the 6th March on your Plusnet account, so if the problems are ongoing with your new provider it's likely to be a line fault.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.