cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just when you thought the Wii was different....

derboff
Grafter

Re: Just when you thought the Wii was different....

ok up front I have a wii, and I did have a PS2
The was never any reason for me to buy a PS3 as it is stupidly priced even with the lower price. I dont have a HiDef TV so BluRay is useless.
I never considered a 360 as it is basically a PC, see all the games start to appear on PC (Gear of War anyone ?)
And the wii... Well I am 30+alot of year. My parent came over, and every time they do now, they play on my wii. Same at christmas, even my 2 1/2 year old nephew love it. Wii is for everyone and is fun to play and unique.
PS3 looks good but too expensive (including the games)
360 = PC in my opinion (please dont hurt me)
wii is different
pdavidson
Grafter

Absolutely, but.....the question is, what will happen when the 360 and PS3 have the control method to allow them to release all those games your parents and your nephew love?
We're straying away from the real question here I think. This isn't about what you like best (although that's been the subject from a few posts in!). I was actually wondering how people thought the 3 consoles would look this time next year if the Wii wasn't the only one with the motion control capabalities that it has now.
Ready...set....go....(again Wink )
derboff
Grafter

I see your point.  Cheesy
The problem isnt motion capture but more about the games that will be available. For example my sims compared to The Sims. The same game but made easier and graphically simpiler then its cousin
PS3 does have motion capture the 3-axis controller. I have also seen the snooker/tennis games created for the PS2. At the moment the wii's motion capture is only used in wii specific games. The developers hate it cos they are forced to add them in.
I think in a few years time like you said, all will have it. But the real question is, will they make proper use of it or will it be more shaking the remote or more tennis games
pdavidson
Grafter

It's a valid point; when they have it will they make proper use of it? They're inexperienced at this genre after all. Oh and, it's not a few years time....it's next year! Will they have known for ages and have planned it all to the nth degree or will they be completely unprepared to enter a market that the Wii/Nintendo already owns?
wayneb

I think the wii will fare very well indeed.
Firstly I would imagine the games are easier to develop for the wii and therefore cheaper and quicker to produce.
Secondly the games have to be up to scratch on the XboX360 and PS3 before a lot of people will take it up (eye toy anyone?), and then it will probably be mainly those who already own the console. I mean are you really going to spend hideous amounts on an Xbox or PS3 then the additional hardware, to get the functionality that the wii has "straight out of the box"?
Finally wii is already a phenomenal success with people who have never been gamers, its already bedded in to the market and I dont think that will easily change.
For the record I own a PSX, PS2, orig Xbox, PC and a Wii.
Sorry if any of this has already been covered but I'm ridden with the manflu and have not been able to concentrate long enough to read all of the posts.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Paula
I was actually wondering how people thought the 3 consoles would look this time next year if the Wii wasn't the only one with the motion control capabalities that it has now.

Won't make a difference. All (well the majority) the games in development for the Wii are being designed with the motion control in mind, most Xbox 360 and PS3 games won't be. Chances are it will just be like the light gun on the SNES.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology