cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues on Xbox One ONLY when laptop Wifi is turned on?

Gbrinkhof

Issues on Xbox One ONLY when laptop Wifi is turned on?

Normally the xbox one and it's applications run fine. But I noticed every time I have my Macbook Wifi turned on the Xbox's connection is pretty much non existent - If I'm gaming I get severe lag. If I try open the Sky app or Netflix, I get an error saying I need to connect to Xbox Live. The Macbook connection continues to work fine though.

It happens about 80% of the time and it's quite frustrating. Anyone have any ideas why this happens?

4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Issues on Xbox One ONLY when laptop Wifi is turned on?

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection for the Xbox? Have to say I've not heard any others with a similar issue (but open to hearing more).

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Gbrinkhof

Well it seems to be working fine after I changed the channel my Wifi went through (or something like that, I'm not entirely sure what it means if I'm honest) it was on auto and I changed it to run through channel 1, so far there's no problems! Fingers crossed it carries on that way.
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

It's always better to run a games console or PC on a wired internet connection as wireless can slow things down with online gaming, not to mention, wifi can be a right PITA when something interferes with it...

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

when my nepthew comes to stay he often brings his xbox 360, i noticed on my asus router abit ago that there is an option to optomise the router for xbox so i have this enabled altho im not sure what it is actually is doing but he plays fine anyways and we have pc/laptops/ipads all going at the same time. 😛