cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Age of Conan being Traffic Managed Properly?

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Is Age of Conan being Traffic Managed Properly?

Raise a ticket with a capture on.  I think our network guys are trying to talk to the game developers to make sure we've got the right ranges etc, but your data can't hurt.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Firejack
Grafter

Ok done.  Ticket No: 25137928
darkangel

I'm getting the same issues again. Was fine last week after PN changed the priority of trafic but its now gon back to being as it was before wednesday. Sad
Hexyn

I'm continuing to have problems with the authentication servers,
I have friends on the same servers who have no isssues, and this isnt a heavy server load queuing issue.
In the evening the authentication just times out when trying to connect as if the login traffic is a low priority. once logged in its fine.
My guild mates logged out and in to check if it was a server issue but they could connect straight back in without issue.
I dont seem to have difficulty on any other games.
Lombear

Same here - Issue was resolved but am again now getting problems - specifically with the character server - times out almost all the time - howver when I do get in game its fine (well until it crashes anyways) - so maybe this is isolated to that?
Any timeline for that chat with the developers?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

We've contacted Funcom to ask for a definitive list of ports/IP addys. We mailed them on the 21st and AFAIK we're still awaiting a response Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Lombear

Yer I have a feeling they are a bit overwhelmed at the moment with the crazy amount of bugs and issues with the game - dont get me wrong I really like it (combat system is superb)
But...
An MMO going live without a Mail/Bank/Auction system is not an ideal situation
You could try Eidos as they are distributors and may have some info
Oh and as an aside my problems seem to have disappeared yesterday - on without any probs
/Lom
Hexyn

Just to note when using the ingame chat system my entries are delayed by approx 6-7 seconds, no friends have this issue either.
And cheers by the way for the work you've done concerning this, blown away by the customer service.
Arm

I’m having latency problems playing Age of Conan. It works fine in the day time with a latency of 120 to 200 ms, but after about 15:00 GMT the latency is usually well over 4,000ms+, but will fluctuate wildly between 120ms to 10,000ms, making the game unplayable. I’m playing on the Dagoth which is a US base server.
(I have a wireshark trace with the ticket)
Arm