cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad online gaming app probs

samandvic1

Ipad online gaming app probs

hi guys,
just wondering if anyone else has an ipad and had problems playing online with the app called "pool bar online hustle"? Since we have changed our home broadband to plusnet it wont let me play online with this app but if i turn on my portable router which the provider is t-mobile i can play fine. Its so frustrating as customer services dont have a cure. any ideas please?
many thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Ipad online gaming app probs

COuld be that we aren't recognising it as gaming traffic.  If we could get a wireshark capture of the packets beign sent, we may be able to look further.  I'm not sure how to go about getting that sort of info via from an ipad though.  Someone else on the forums may have an idea?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
tman16
Dabbler

I have exactly the same problem with my iPad and iPhone with the game dinosmash online and dungeon defenders, which are very very laggy but when I switch to 3G perfectly fine.
Is there any chance iPad/iPhone games can be prioritised ?
How do I use wireshark on iPad btw?
Thanks in advance
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

If you are using a Thompson router, Matt has detailed a way to mirror the traffic so you can use wireshark:  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91927.msg771040.html#msg771040
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
tman16
Dabbler

Ah I have a net gear. Is there any other way to find out information to prioritise iPad/iPhone apps? I am assuming it is all apps that haven't been added.