Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving!!!!!!

coe
Dabbler

Interleaving!!!!!!

Hi all, just signed up with plusnet!
Anways roughly 5/6 days ago i asked for interleaving to be turned off, the guy couldnt do it then as my line wasnt activated untill the next day on paper although my line was working and was asked to ring back the next day.
Following day i ring up the guy puts my "order" in for interleaving to be turned off and im told it can take up to 24 hours to be turned off.
24 hours pass, Interleaving still on. I ring up AGAIN and the women on the end of line tells me that its been turned off and can upto 5 days to take affect!? (5 days will have passed today, saturday)
Now ive had it turned OFF before and it was done within a couple hours a few years back on another isp, am i being messed about. I've read around a bit and most seem to say that 1st line support often offer this response and leads nowhere.
Anyone have any experience with turning this off, or anyone that may be able to help?
Thanks dave Smiley
12 REPLIES 12
W1ngD1ngs
Grafter

Re: Interleaving!!!!!!

Hi coe, and welcome to the forum.  I recently had interleaving turned on and was told by the faults staff that it would take 24Hrs.  Cool
Hopefully one of them will pick up on this post, but that may not be till Monday, and then they will have to place an order with BT, unless there is already one extant!  Undecided
BTW in my experience the Plusnet staff esp the ones that roam the forums are v good, it's BT / Openreach that lets the whole thing down!  Cry
coe
Dabbler

I rang plusnt again as today is the 5th day and i was told that the order has been placed with BT and its up to them to turn it off and can take up to 5 days.
Just seems strange...
one guy says its off in 24 hours
next guy told me it is in fact off just takes 5 days for it to take affect on my line
then im told its NOT off but waiting for bt to turn it off but typically takes up to 5 days and its 3 days since i asked for it off,  but as of writing this its day 5 and i understand saturday may not count as working day! Smiley
guess i wait untill monday ! Tongue
Bustermagic
Grafter

The same happened to me.. I waited 5 days and nothing happened, called the helpdesk again and a guy said that it had been missed and would be switch on in 24hrs - which it was.  The down side is that although my router states it's on fast path my ping has not dropped a bit and is still the same as it was when on interleaving - after 4 days of fast path it's still around the 73ms mark.  Sad
coe
Dabbler

Wow that sucks,  i currently have 30 - 35 ms. So after turning it off i hope (fingers crossed) illl get 15 - 20ms.
will soon be back to moan if noting changes. Smiley
HaydnExport
Grafter

@ Buster try a disconnect and reconnect from the router's settings (not a reboot)
Bustermagic
Grafter

I tried that and hey presto my ping is down to 27ms - the help desk said that I did not need to reboot or disconnect as it should have been auomatic Thanks HaydnExport!!
coe
Dabbler

Still nothing today, im sure i read somewhere that it get turned off at 2am. IF not on the phone in the morning! Cheesy
Glad to hear your sorted busta!
coe
Dabbler

Just a quick update...
Had to speak to a engineer a week ago went through many steps changing routers etc.
He said there was a fault on the line had to be "FIXED".
Couple days later, "your line is now fixed".    WHA?!?!!?!
now have reduced speed  from 2mb to 1.4 and what i originally asked for was interleaving turned off is still on and ito make things worse some games are not playable.
I'm greatful i've been refunded a month of service, but surely this is not on!!  so frustrating having been ringing support as often as possible to get things moving as soon as they did they claimed interleaving was off when it isnt then decide its a fault and just make things worse!! Sad
Lorenzo48
Grafter

To turn interleaving off you sometimes have to reduce speed to retain stability due to error rate.
If the speed drop is too high you may be better off with I/L on.
You need to let the line stabalise for 10 days too.
Also checking on your plus net web-page tells you nothing, you need to raise a ticket to have some see if the Flag is set to 'O'

coe
Dabbler

you are right lorenzo.
but the speed was reduced with interleaving still on and caused alot of spiking during game play because of this "FIX".

Now i have had an update last night saying the isssue should be fixed and interleaving is now off and to allow 24 hours for it to take affect. all seemed well and good as the line checks done by the engineer appeared to have interleaving off.
happy days?  nope....  now what has happend is ..... NO adsl at all on the line so no internet access and i've been given a free dialup number to use in the meantime.
coming upto 3 weeks now, things can only get better now i guess..... ?
coe
Dabbler

well this is becoming a joke.
still no internet !!
all i asked for was interleaving off Sad
Lorenzo48
Grafter

You need to post in rants and raves as they don't seem to look in here much.
Really go for it and make a face like this ------->  Angry
It's the only way  Wink