Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interleaving

jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Interleaving

Hi,
I just wanted to know what people has experienced with their gaming performance once they had interleaving turned off.
What pings did you have before and after ?
Did you find the connection became more unstable ?
I normally play games like BF2142 etc
Thanks for your help  Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
scootie
Grafter

Re: Interleaving

didnt record any ping times from b4 i went on to fastpath but can rember that when doing a speed test on the speedtest.net checker i was getting around 70ms to the maidenhead server and now on fastpath i get 29-30ms to maidenhead.
as for being unstable depends on the quailty of your line really. iam on a said to be 2.5mb line but with dmt tool setting my snr to around 6-9db and interleaving on i could get a 3.5mb profile pushing it. Then i started getting in to gaming and decided to go on fastpath got couple of dc aday when pushing my line profile to max so now i set my snr to 12-15db for a profile of 2 - 2.5mb and get no disconects at all but still see alot of hec errors on my line.
now got a xbox for my gaming and wondering if to go bac to interleaving but cant see how the dslam asking  again for any errored packets will help with any lag i get from the hec errors. playing driver grid at mo on xbox and say 1 in 20 races i get a screen that frezzes for a spilt second.
give it a try anyway pal if u request it tonight you should be on fastpath by midday tomoro and same applies to have interleaving switched back on.
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Re: Interleaving

Thanks for your reply,
I raised a ticket and now get a stable ping of 15ms when playing BF2142 on UK servers. (My router sync's at 4096) It seems very stable so far but I will test it out for a bit.
Smiley