cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased Ping Since 30th September

fyzka

Increased Ping Since 30th September

i left to visit my sister on Monday the 27th and returned on the 30th september and ive seen a increase in my ping on the local servers i play on in call of duty 4, i play this game at a semi-professional level and its vital for my ping to be low as to get the best out of what my team expect from me, i compete mainly in various online cups and leagues for cash prizes or hardware.
Basically my ping is uasually a good 52-55 on most uk servers as my main matches are against uk teams in the league but since i returned from my sisters my ping has been increased to 70-80 on these servers and its weird because since i was away i didnt turn off my router so im wondering whats up, not sure if its the gateway im connected to having troubles, the gateway is ptn-ag01.
could anyone shine any light on this or have an admin check something, i left a ticket but no reply since the 30th saying this ticket has been forwarded to the correct team or something like that, ticket number 35639678
in advance thank you to anyone who replies
jim:orange all caps removed from title as per Forum Rules mod:end
3 REPLIES 3
gardencoaster
Grafter

Re: Increased Ping Since 30th September

I have visited the forums to see if anyone else had noticed a deterioration.  It is a source of concern to me as I too play mainly on foreign servers and a local ping of 124ms is far too high (it was 48-50ms and had been as low as 36ms!).  I don't what they have done but they have "broken it"!
SilentBoBuk
Dabbler

if you can get me there server ip i can check em via  pbbans if this is pc gaming  which i assume is and name of there clan or community
o yes if this is just happening on there servers and not other uk server ip address this could be a issue with there current provider not yours i would also recommend in pinging there ip address and check for packet loss,
gardencoaster
Grafter

It's been sorted, whatever it was...