cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Download allowance?

volta84
Grafter

Increase Download allowance?

Im on the Gaming package which offers 20gb usage.. Problem is im already at 10gb+ used and next bill date isn't until the 16th December.. Its not going to last.
What will happen when I go over this, is there anyway to increase my allowance and still stay on this package.. Im currently in a MW2 tournament for £10,000 / Trip to America and really can't let my net effect me.
Any help, please!
7 REPLIES 7
Euge
Grafter

Re: Increase Download allowance?

Copied pasted from here
What happens if I go over my monthly usage allowance?
An extra 2GB will be added to your allowance for the month. This costs £2 which will be added to your next bill.
To control how much you spend per month, use the Data Transfer Watch tool to set the maximum amount you want to spend each month.
Note: If you hit the limit set in the Data Transfer Watch tool, your connection will be restricted at all times. These restrictions are removed on your next billing date or if you increase your transfer limit.
volta84
Grafter

Hi, thanks for reply.
Is that a one of increase of 2gb for £2 or every extra 2gb I use it costs £2?
volta84
Grafter

Ah Brilliant, thanks!!
Maximum Broadband Price (per month): £40.00
Providing a total usage of 40.01GB this month.
Set of 40, just incase. Phew now I can sleep at night Smiley
Euge
Grafter

Just try and do your big dowloads over night when it's free, obviously you can't evade it with streaming but you could end up with a huge bill otherwise.
volta84
Grafter

Yep i've increased it on that page by another 20gig, just to make sure though it still says:
Paid-for allowance: Up-to 20GB 8am - Midnight
Will that increase to 40gb? Or just automatically tick over when I reach the 20gb..
Euge
Grafter

I can't remember what happens because I'm on unlimited these days but once you hit 20GB and try to use more it will automatically give you an extra 2GB so it will be 22GB and so on until you hit 40GB when it will restrict you. You'll receive an e-mail to say you're reaching your limit and when you reach it you will receive an e-mail to say you've passed it and 2GB has been added.
If you use 6GB extra, for instance, you will be notified 3 times and will be charged an extra £6 the next billing period in January. Does that clear things up?  Smiley
volta84
Grafter

Perfectly! Thank you Smiley