cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS xbox to pc 2 use wireless. how to get open nat on box test????

scootie
Grafter

ICS xbox to pc 2 use wireless. how to get open nat on box test????

bought an xbox prem yestarday cant say the graphics r as gd as a top noth gaming pc but own to copys of same game one for pc an xbox and got to say the multiplayer is loads better on box live.
Had some headaches seting the internet up on it as i have choicen to ICS the box to my pc upstaris though ethernet to use the pc's wireless. was simple start with change router ip to to somthing diffrent than 192.168.0.1 as ics gives my pc's nic that address automaticaly so got a ip conflict b4 changing router ip.
Then i did a network test on the box and the NAT test came back as moderate from which i read about can block certain peoples voice ect. so tried to get that to open but port forwarding did not solve but i could only forward to my pc's ip add as if i tryed the boxs ip my netgear router said it was an ilegal ip add as the box gets given a 192 type add.
So if any one has set up the box though ICS and manged to get a open nat would like to hear what your setup is plz
runing a netgear dg834g v4
1 REPLY 1
scootie
Grafter

Re: ICS xbox to pc 2 use wireless. how to get open nat on box test????

i now have a open nat on the xbox test.
I tryed bridgeing the nic and wirless b4 but the net kept droping on the pc when i bridged the two.
But had no joy in doing port forwarding though the ics way as using wireshark to see what was going on i could see the xbox sending to the nic on port 3074 as normall but the nic was receving on a totaly diffrent port then the wireless on the pc would send it on as a totaly diffrent port numba and then as normall xbox live would recive it on the normal 3074 port. So that made it difficult to port forward from router and then set up forwarding rules in the ics option tab.
So started playing withy the bridge method again.  THis is how i manged to get it working for me.
disconect pc from router and dnt have your xbox ethernet cable pluged into pc. bridge your lan and wireless. Then reconnect to your router check you can surf the web if not keep trying diffrent sequences of bridging your lan an wireless till u can surf web.
now what i had to do xbox end was edit the network settings as having ip settings on auto would not work for me. when setting ics up i had to change my routers lan ip from the 192.168.0.1 to sumthing diffrent as got an ip conflict. so changed to ***.0.0.1. i have a few comps in my house so dhcp gives out up to 4 ip adds so to make sure the xbox didnt have an ip conflict because its not given one auto from my router i set this to +++.0.0.15.
get your subnet mask from your router login info or goto network and share centre then manage  network connections right click on the bridge connection then status then deatils and this will give all the deatils u need fior subnet mask and gateway but gateway is same as router address.
i left dns on auto but again thats same as your router ip address.
The only small problem i have with my setup at mo is that wen i first turn xbox on i have to test connection to xbox live working  but that takes seconds and i havent had any dc or anything with this setup and all important open nat all thoe wen sum people or rabbiting on and swearing i wish i was on strict nat and couldnt hear them hehe.