cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Interleaving. Metres from the exchange

gus13

How to remove Interleaving. Metres from the exchange

Hi

i upgraded to fibre a few weeks ago and the speed and performance during week1 was outstanding, 71Mb down, 20Mb up and pings of 18. All good! Profile for up and downstream was Fastpath (NOT interleaved)

I live in a new house estate with new copper lines and the exchange is at the top of the road, router is straight into master socket with DSL faceplate and no house phone extensions, so no noise:  hence the great speeds.

After week1, i decorated and had the router unplugged dozens of times while we moved things around. I think this has flagged as line restarts or similar and i have been moved to Interleave profile.

Speeds are now 49Mb down, and pings of 30-40. Router reports Interleaving Profile on Downstream.

The bad line stats are a red herring due to all my work at home.  Given week1 performance and distance to exchange, NON Interleaving works fine.

How can i remove Interleaving? Given that the house and copper is new and the exchange i can see from the house. No other equipment except a PN router directly into master socket which has a DSL faceplate.

many thanks

Gus

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: How to remove Interleaving. Metres from the exchange

Just leave it alone, DLM will have reduced your speeds thinking there was a fault when you did all those disconnections. But speeds will return if the is seen to be stable.

gus13

Thanks for replying. I initially thought that too but it’s been 10 days and with the PN router so not a 3rd party. Do you know how long it might take? Do i ‘have’ to wait? Can i ask for interleaving profile to be removed?
Cheers
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

I guess it depends how much of an issue it is causing - a DLM reset may sort it out if you report a fault, but getting one may depend on how close your sync speeds are to your expected sync speeds.