Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get 2 x Xbox One's working using Plusnet supplied router

kemik
Dabbler

How to get 2 x Xbox One's working using Plusnet supplied router

Hi,
I've noticed since getting another Xbox One that they can't both be online at the same time.
Once one is switched on and logged in the other Xbox One can't even connect to MSFT online to login and that's even before trying to connect with a separate gamertag before people suggest its a online account issue.
My guess is that its to do with port settings on the router or something like that.
Anyone else got this working? What config did you need to change? Did you have to install a new router even?
Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
All4One
Grafter

Re: How to get 2 x Xbox One's working using Plusnet supplied router

ghos7em1
Grafter

you need a router with dd wrt firmware.using just upnp you will have 2 open nats.or gargoyle firmware Smiley
kemik
Dabbler

Quote from: ghos7em1
you need a router with dd wrt firmware.using just upnp you will have 2 open nats.or gargoyle firmware Smiley

Thanks does the Plusnet router support wrt or gargoyle or do I need another router?
Cheers
ghos7em1
Grafter

with technicolor router you should be able to get 2 open nats just use upnp.if you used port forward or dmz disable them,i know with the normal xbox i can have 2 running both will have open nat.think xbox one uses port 3075 as well.if you want to use 3rd party firmware you will have to buy new router.
ghos7em1
Grafter

sorry you dont need port 3075 but you do need port 500.3544.4500 udp.if you going to be using plusnet router you will probably need to telnet into router and cone them,.the other ports are already done.
kemik
Dabbler

Have you done this with 2 x Xbox 360's or Xbox One's?
Reason I ask is that it was fine with 2 x Xbox 360's but since upgrading to Xbox One's can only log one of the boxes into Xbox Live at a time which is bloody infuriating
Thanks
ghos7em1
Grafter

you can buy a cheap tp link wr740n v4 router and install dd wrt firmware on to it or use gargoyle firmware.they use better upnp.on technicolor router only other way is to use telnet and cone every udp port the xbox1 uses but its a pain.
kemik
Dabbler

Quote from: ghos7em1
you can buy a cheap tp link wr740n v4 router and install dd wrt firmware on to it or use gargoyle firmware.they use better upnp.on technicolor router only other way is to use telnet and cone every udp port the xbox1 uses but its a pain.

Happy to telnet in and do this even if its a pain. Do you have any details of how to do this or point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I'll admit to just being nosy but I find this very interesting, in that why on earth can't you have two of these devices on line at once? My son's both have PS4 and they can both be online at the same time. Is this related to any specific router hardware or is it XBOX One only?
--
Mook
ghos7em1
Grafter

the same 2 consoles will try to use the same port.only way to get 2 open nats is if the router has good upnp.turn off port forward and dmz and only use upnp.you could try port triggering but if that dont work you need better router
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kemik,
You should be able to find a little detail here for getting the required ports coned. You should just need to ensure the you're applying this to the ports that the XboxOne needs.
Hope this helps.
kemik
Dabbler

Quote from: Adam
Hi Kemik,
You should be able to find a little detail here for getting the required ports coned. You should just need to ensure the you're applying this to the ports that the XboxOne needs.
Hope this helps.

Does that work for 2 Xbox Ones both logged into Xbox Live at the same time???
The issue is having 2 Xbox One's connected to Xbox Live at the same time. They both have STATIC internal IP addresses and I've even put one in the DMZ yet I cannot get them to both login at the same time.
I believe its to do with the port forwarding and can obviously open up ports and point them at one of the Xbox Ones but how can it be setup to use 2 at the same time?
That's the issue!
ghos7em1
Grafter

have you coned these ports udp 500.3544.4500?only use upnp and use only automatic network settings on both xboxs it should work