cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter these ports into the plusnet router?

ashrafmiah93
Grafter

How do I enter these ports into the plusnet router?

Im not sure how its meant to be entered in if someone could give me a guide. Ive been having problems joining friends on Ghost Recon Future soldiers. Alot my friends with plusnet have the same problems but friends with other ISP dont have that issue
PlayStation Network Required Ports
UDP: 3658
UDP: 3478-3479
TCP: 80, 443, 5223
Game Ports for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
UDP &TCP: 2346, 80, 21400
8 REPLIES 8
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: How do I enter these ports into the plusnet router?

The exact details all depend on the exact make and model of router that you have. 
PlusNet have issued a number of different routers over the years, and different routers between products (e.g. ADSL vs FTTC).
In general,  you'll need to do something along the following lines.

• using a browser,  access the routers admin interface

• make the playstation's allocated IP reserved or assign it a static address

• change the port forwarding settings to direct the required ports to the playstations IP address

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I believe you have a Technicolor TG582n
To do this you need to browse to home networks, then gaming and applications, adding a new category there should give you the appropriate options, you may however find that the game is already on the list Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

TG585 v8 thats the router. Why do i need to port forward games that i cant join? shouldnt i be able to join them anyway why do i have to go through this mess
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Because modem/routers often need specific settings, perhaps your other friends have already got theirs set up, maybe remotely? whereas you and your Plusnet friend haven't. A little patience, now that this thread is on the right board with some relevant information, you may get the help you need.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

please dont give me the nonsense i have to set my router up properly. My friends on other ISPs simply connected their routers when they first got their routers and left it as it is. In fact every person I know hasnt had to do anything to their router in order for them to be able to play games online etc. Just like my previous ISP the most i did was plug the router into the socket and bobs your uncle. But here in plusnet you need to do all this  cr** just to simply join a friend online.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

can i please get help?
GrahamC
Grafter

Quote from: ashrafmiah93
please dont give me the nonsense i have to set my router up properly. My friends on other ISPs simply connected their routers when they first got their routers and left it as it is. In fact every person I know hasnt had to do anything to their router in order for them to be able to play games online etc. Just like my previous ISP the most i did was plug the router into the socket and bobs your uncle. But here in plusnet you need to do all this  cr** just to simply join a friend online.

What routers are your "friends on other ISPs" using? Not all routers are made equal  Cool
You will either have to forward the correct ports to your PS3, or place your PS3 in the routers DMZ. The easiest option is to put the PS3 in a DMZ, but I can't find any information on the TG585 actually providing one. Maybe someone from Plusnet can comment.
For forwarding the ports you can get the information you need here:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/TG585v8/default.htm
Pick your game from the list...and follow the instructions.
For your particular game, go here:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/TG585v8/PS3_Ghost_Recon_-_Fut...
...and follow the instructions.
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

I port forwarded GTA IV by following the portfoward websites guidlines i entered these ports below. When i use the port forward checker it still says ports are closed. I dont know if i missed something or not.
My ps3 has a static ip address which it said i should make in order to port forward the ports.
Below is my ps3s settings i also turned UPnP off on the ps3 settings and router
IP 192.1.68.1.35
SUBNET 255.255.255.0
DEFAULT ROUTER 192.168.1.254
P DNS 212.159.13.49
S DNS 212.159.13.50