cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting Games : Port forwarding and Connection issues

Extreme0
Grafter

Hosting Games : Port forwarding and Connection issues

Hi. I'm having problems which doesn't seem to be solved through the usual methods when it comes to hosting games. It appears that no one can join at my end in any game for example. Project Zomboid or Forced.
Modem Router: Asus DSL-N55U
I've been using http://www.canyouseeme.org/ as a way to check if my ports are open (Results in connection timing out. If I switch my router firewall off it says "Connection Refused" instead)
Port forwarding doesn't seem to be working as it appears that nothing is working. I've entered the port range for each game using the correct protocol and the local IP connected towards my PC. I've tried putting up both protocols and entering just one port in separate fields which doesn't work either.
I've tried the usual suspects in which I've turned off both the Windows Firewall & Router Firewall to no avail. I have created rules on my Windows firewall for both inbound & outbound for the ports that are used by the games. The Networking Service filter is turned off on my router and there is no additional firewalls either. Turned off the Anti-Virus/Spyware software (Kyspersky/Ad-Aware/Spybot: Search & Destroy) off with no results.
After that I deiced to venture into more obscure things to try.
I've switched on Telnet through my router (It was already on in my Windows Features) and tried using Telnet in the command prompt to see. Haven't seen much difference either.
I've tried establishing a static IP using a program from portforwarding.com in which didn't work after changing the local IP in my port forwarding list to be set to the static IP. 
Everything on my NAT Passthrough page on my router is enabled and as a last effort tried using DMZ which gave no results either.
So without any further guess on what to do. I need help in trying to establish why I can't seem to host any game from my end in which players can join.