cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High pings, on league of legends, peak times.

colehill2

Re: High pings, on league of legends, peak times.

Iv had the exact same problem on mw3 for ps3. Been getting pings of over 200ms and it has been unplayable, as soon as the clock stikes 12 ping goes down to 63 and i can play. Please sort it out plusnet because this is a joke, theres traffic management and then theres destroying somebodys connection. If i cant game from 7-12 then i will simply cancel.
gardencoaster
Grafter

Update:  Saturday night, playing BF3 after 7pm, ping went up to 204ms!
It began to decrease at 2300 and was down to 124ms at 2349!
Today, playing COD5.  Morning ping around 130ms but after 1400 went up to 200+
and I have just played a game with 230ms!
Additionally, connection dropped again tonight (at 1920) for a period of seven minutes.
I don't know if that is relevant but the last break in connection (also could not be cured by
a modem-router reset) lasted seven minutes.
This is obviously a peak time issue and, whilst I do play beyond midnight often, when
the ping has returned to something more respectable, I do not consider the current
service worth paying an extra fiver for.  If it doesn't buck up and soon, I'll be saving some money
and ditching "pro"...  Undecided
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
There were a number of supplier issues on Saturday morning that will have led to the platform being out of balance that evening. I suspect you were affected by this, mostly due to the network being out of balance following the problems and you most likely having been connected to one of the busier gateways.
Things are back in balance now, so your experience should be much improved - please let us know if not. If it happens again I'd recommend rebooting in an attempt to change gateways (you can see which one you're connected to by going to http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway), once you land on one that doesn't have so many people connected you should find the issues disappear.
Hope that helps.
gardencoaster
Grafter

Here we go again...
Peak time, Sunday night, ping of 230ms (should be ~130ms).
What's going on?
Are you/ BT going to fix this?