cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High latency with Online gaming.

Loki180

High latency with Online gaming.

Hello,

I have a plusnet Hub one with 5.0ghz wifi connection. I'm using the Earthnet cable.

During online games like Overwatch and CoD at some points during play everyone on the game will stop moving and my character will start to slide around the game as the internet attempts to catch up. It isn't losing connection as everything else is running fine. There is nothing downloading in the background with no other apps running either.

I only get around 4mbs during downloads to a max of around 5.4mbs and as far as I know it is consistant. Duing online play however it will cause this high latency issue making the game unplayable for 5-20 seconds until the internet catches up to the game.

I have perfect FPS at a solid 60 fps. I'm not sure on what to do.

I've spoken to customer service to be met with three very rude and very very hostile people. So much for award winning support. I'm thinking of switching to another provider at this point. Maybe Virgin or Sky.

Thank you for any help with this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Loki180

Re: High latency with Online gaming.

I'll be switching then.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from My Router to Gaming.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Loki180,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry to read you're having trouble with your connection speeds and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.  Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Thanks.