cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Ping at Midnight? (Runes of Magic)

Visage
Grafter

High Ping at Midnight? (Runes of Magic)

I’ve started playing a free mmo called Runes of Magic that is currently on open beta, the game is very similar to WoW in looks and play,
I'm playing on one of the international servers in Germany (there isn’t a uk server)
Normally I have a  very resemble ping of around 200, However always at 12 midnight my ping shoots to anywhere between 3500 to 5000 with spikes in five figures, this makes for huge latency making the game unplayable.
I understand It's open beta so I can expect some wrinkles but the friends I’m playing with don’t experience the same slowdown so I’m guessing it could be my connection.
Runes of Magic isn’t on the plusnet games list, so is it possible that it’s not recognised as prioritised gaming traffic?
9 REPLIES 9
James
Grafter

Re: High Ping at Midnight? (Runes of Magic)

Yes, I'd imagine that there's a chance it's not being prioritised accordingly, especially given the sudden increase in latency at that time.
Would you be able to get a Wireshark capture?
Visage
Grafter

Thanks for the quick replay
Yes I’ll DL Wireshark when I get home, do I need to run the test at the high ping time, or is it just the port and IP info you require?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
It shouldn't matter when you run the trace, as the priority of the traffic won't change.
In addition, if you'd like to give us the ports and the servers in your ticket, that would also help Smiley
Visage
Grafter

Ticket raised ID 27604884
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks, we'll make sure this gets nudged in the right direction.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Visage
Grafter

Hi
I'm still getting latency problems, it’s definitely not showing as gaming traffic as I noticed on my first day of this months billing no games were played other than Runes of Magic and my detailed usage chart didn’t show any game activity.
I’ve also noticed that my latency corresponds to the grey line (unidentified traffic) on the broadband usage graph.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
It looks like the change for the gaming traffic hasn't happened yet.
I'll see if I can get someone to pick it up.
Visage
Grafter

Just want to say a big THANK YOU to PlusNet for fixing this for me. My own conection has been sorted and apparently the fix will go on the main server for all other PN players later this week.
There are a lot of unfortunate players on the RoM forum who’s isp aren’t as customer friendly, I have put the word out so you may be getting a few migrating across.
Top customer service well done Plunet. Smiley
James
Grafter

Thanks Visage
Glad to hear that all's working fine now Smiley