cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Latency & Constant Disconnects from WoW

Tomo28

High Latency & Constant Disconnects from WoW

Hi,
I am having big problems with World of Warcraft with the latency reaching upwards of 6000ms followed by a disconnection from the game (not the internet). It happens literally almost instantly or after around 5 mins making the game unplayable. This has been on and off for about 2 months now but now the problem is not going away. I have done everything Blizzard tech support have asked which solved nothing and they advised me to contact my ISP. So any advice please?
I have a few pathpings and 1 tracert they asked me to do I can copy and paste those in if they are required?
Also on another issue I also keep getting (although not as frequent) disconnects from the ea servers while playing on Battlefield 3 on my PS3, at least 1 every hour. This happens on other PS3 games I have always had trouble getting into games and parties etc but BF3 is the only 1 I play online with now.
Cheers
ps. I have never had amazing internet speeds due to the distance from the exchange. The best being;
Download - 3.07 mbps
Upload - 0.33 mpbs
The average being;
Download - 2mbps
Upload - 0.18mbps
2 REPLIES 2
Tomo28

Re: High Latency & Constant Disconnects from WoW

I have done 3 ping tests and I was losing packets on all 3 tests
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: High Latency & Constant Disconnects from WoW

Sorry for missing this one.  WOW should be fine in theory, we'd have a lot more complaints if there was a general issue, so it's possibly more specific to you.  Those issues with the PS3 might indicate as such.
You noticed any other problems?  Disconnections, slowness etc?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager