cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! UPnP for PS3 set-up

livvy22

Help!!! UPnP for PS3 set-up

hi,
my other half has a ps3 and he is wanting the upnp activated but it is currently showing as restricted. i have tried the forum answers however our laptop is the worlds worst. i cannot change the settings in programmes and features to make the upnp work as it crashes the laptop when i do.
i see a few people having help and people resetting their routers, i am wondering if anyone can be as kind and help me sort this out. i am coming to the end of my tether with this ridiculous upnp thingy and i am ready to throw the ps3 out of the window as neither of us had this issue with our previous bt hub.
many thanks to those who can help me
liv  Smiley Undecided
3 REPLIES 3
Mathias
Grafter

Re: Help!!! UPnP for PS3 set-up

hi liv,
Want to try and help you, but please keep in mind i am doing this off the top of my head as am at work and cannot access my router atm.
First you need to tell us the make of your router. If you have the Thomson 575 or 585 then follow the guide here to log in to it from your pc (they are similar routers so the following should work on both).
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson_advanced.shtml#routerLoginHelp
Once that is done go to Toolbox -> Game and Application Sharing.
You should see a tick box next to UPnP which should be checked if you want to enable it.
Then if there is a confirm button, click it, else wait a min or so before clicking elsewhere as your router may auto restart (mine does this when adjusting some settings and gives no indication on the pc it is doing this). Then you can close the page.
You may then want to log back on and check that it has remained enabled (sometimes, if i change too much at once, it forgets what i have selected). If not try again.
I don't own a ps3 so can't help with that side.
Hope this helps.
livvy22

Hi,
Thanks for the reply I have a 585 Thomson router. I will follow the guide however I will have to find a laptop to do this on as mine is broken completely. But thanks again for the info.
Liv
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI livvy22,
I'll do this remotely for you now. It'll only take a few minutes.
Jojo Smiley