flaminmoses
Grafter

Re: Having to swap gateways

ah thanks
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
@Razer Is it any particular game that you have an issue with?

I only play the one and I have the same issues and peculiarities, continuing unbroken since I first opened my thread in January, namely:
Waiting forever for games, then checking the router log to find a host of the same error messages; in fact I know they're going to be there by the behaviour of the game.
Eventually getting a few games (say maybe three or maybe five - 10 minute sessions) but experiencing almost guaranteed lag and all the peculiarities which that entails for a match, till eventually no further session will connect, yet again - to find the same error messages in the router log and I'm back to square one.
This 'block' can often be 'reset' by either:
Un-assigning my game in port forwarding;
Turning off game mode;
Turning off ping responder if I'm using it - sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't, and;
re-enabling the firewall if I've tried disabling it - sometimes doing so helps, sometimes not.
Then I will naturally have to re-assign my game in port forwarding;
Turn on game mode;
Turn on ping responder if I'm using it, and;
perhaps disable the firewall if I'm going to try that too.
Otherwise, it's by performing a gateway hop - all to begin the tiresome, repetitive cycle again. Sometimes, however, no game will connect at all and I get so fed up I give up till the next day - when I will, like a rodent in a wheel, spin myself into the groundhog day that is my online gaming nightmare.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Has this been the same for each router that you've had?
Razer
Grafter

Yes, it has. That's why I said 'continuing unbroken' above.