cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Halo 3 "hows the water here guys?"

MrMurder
Dabbler

Halo 3 "hows the water here guys?"

Hi Just signed up for the 90 day trial on the your way pro bundle after having some shocking latency issues with virgin media (220 plus on a good day to a london server) so i jumped here.
Just wondering how people have found plus net for console gaming so far and shockingly why halo 3 isnt on the list of supported games maddness i tell you. (although good ole kai is ahhhh those were the days in the halo 2 tournys) sorry lol
Thanks for your time.
PS not sure as im new where the whole ticket thin is but please consider this a nomination for halo 3 to be added lol (cheeky i know but hey)
MrMurder "The Magnums Of Justice"
13 REPLIES 13
Tyreal74
Grafter

Re: Halo 3 "hows the water here guys?"

ive had no problems with halo 3 on PN, in fact ive never had any problems with any of my gaming with PN :+D
Grff
Grafter

I've not had any "problems" with gaming on plusnet.
Although I never seem to get a four bar connection in COD4 which never bodes well in a one on one shoot out.
From what I remember, Halo doesn't show me my connection status but it's usually seemed ok.
Personally, I'm reluctant to try their gamer package as i'm not convinced my connection will be any better. Plusnet can correct me if i'm wrong, but my download limit would also decrease significantly too.
I don't think Plusnet need to add any console games to the list. If they support XBL and PSN, then al the games should work in theory.
MrMurder
Dabbler

Thats great guys thanks for the feedback keep it comming im still waiting for PN to migrate my connection from the diabolical virgin media (spits) probably the worst ISP in the world.
Im on day 7 of migration so fingers crossed it shouldnt be much longer.
clockley
Grafter

Welcome to Plusnet, MrMurder.
@Griff, don't forget that you can always try BBYW Pro, and if you don't like it, you can always go back to your existing product after 30 days (unless it is a legacy product, ie Broadband Plus, Premier or PAYG).
Hope that this helped.
Carl
James
Grafter

Just as an aside.
If someone does switch to a current BBYW product, it is possible to then move back to the lagacy account (Premier, Plus, PAYG) should you find that your previous product was better tailored to your needs.
clockley
Grafter

Sorry, my mistake.
Carl
Grff
Grafter

I might give it a shot then.
If the gamer package is 10gb (which I seem to recall) and I presume that's just at peak times, I should be fine as my usage for the last three months was:
Peak - Off Peak - Total
5.65GB - 8.3GB - 13.94GB
4.95GB - 11.32GB - 16.27GB
2.68GB - 11.41GB - 14.08GB
I also like the idea of going back if need be, i'm on "PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1" apparently and think it's still a current package.
Apologies to the OP as I seem to have hijacked his thread somewhat.  Undecided
James
Grafter

Hi Griff,
Premier is actually now a legacy package, but I'd have no issues changing you back if Pro didn't work out for you.
Grff
Grafter

Cheers James. Much appreciated.
One quick question, am I right in thinking the 10gb is only at peak, and off peak is unlimited, and web browsing for the missus will be unaffected?
You wouldn't think I was an IT technician of 11 years with questions like these.  Grin
Is so, how do I change my package. Will I need to raise a ticket or can you set the ball rolling for me?

p.s.
I need quicker response times for COD4.  It's amazing the difference in scores when I'm the host to when i'm joining another game with a slightly less of a connection  Grin
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

One quick question, am I right in thinking the 10gb is only at peak, and off peak is unlimited, and web browsing for the missus will be unaffected?

Yep. Spot on.
how do I change my package. Will I need to raise a ticket or can you set the ball rolling for me?

If you're logged into the portal there should be an upgrade link on the purple bar (just below the search box) - clicking on this will allow you to change the product. If you want to change back after trying it just raise a ticket or post in here and we'll action that for you.
With regard to ping times, if BBYW Pro doesn't improve them we'll be able to check if you've got interleaving on your line and if so get that removed (line quality permitting).
Hope that helps,
Grff
Grafter

I was just going through the upgrade, and noticed the "Static IP and 'interleaving off' options available " comment.
Is the static IP extra or can I keep the same IP.  I access my PC from work so this would ideal if I can keep the same IP.
Also I think off peak ending and the peak period starting at 8am is a little odd.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
You'd be able to keep your current IP Address.
Regarding the peak times, this is essentially the period at which our network is busy.  Outside of those periods, we have free usage on our platform and as such, we don't charge for it.
Grff
Grafter

Well, tis done.  At least it will be on the 4th of next month.  Typical, i'm a few days over the billing date so have to wait a month.
I added a couple of gb extra and went for the 12gb option.
It did mention there may be a charge for changing the amount of data, but presumed that is to change data on an existing package. I hope so. All these package options sometimes confuse the heck out of me.
I can't keep up with the number of packages that have been created and removed since I joined plusnet many years ago.
Thanks again for the quick response and info guys.