Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! - Wireless XBL Disconnects

northernmonkey
Dabbler

HELP! - Wireless XBL Disconnects

Evening all
Hoping someone out there can help me, particularly a member of staff at Plusnet
For a long long time now I have been suffering random disconnects from Xbox Live. It is ruining online gaming for me now as I will do well to last 30 mins before i get kicked out.
I am using the xbox wireless adaptor and i can connect to Xbox live no problem but it does not last. When I do get disconnected i can reconnect straight-away but it is only a matter of minutes before the same happens again.
My wireless connections on my laptop and phone do not seem to suffer so I am beginning to rule out issues with my wireless internet connection. I am on plusnet pro and I am beginning to resent paying a premium price with these issues.
I have tried changing the wireless channel, resetting my wireless settings on the xbox, reserving an ip on the router for the xbox, I have rebooted the router and even bought a new 'N' router last year to see if that was the issue. The problem is still there.
My speedtest results seem OK. The download speed is pretty constant but my Ping varies ALOT. The upload speed is slower than dial up which is particularly poor but not sure if that is an issue.
If I run a huge ethernet cable around the house to connect 'wired' I have no issues whatsoever but this is not practical.
Anyone got any help or advice here? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks : )
3 REPLIES 3
rodtrotter
Grafter

Re: HELP! - Wireless XBL Disconnects

The xbox wireless adaptors are a pill of poo had the same problem with my sons Xbox I ended up using a homeplug network never drops out at all you can get a pack of two 85mp homeplugs from ebuyer for about £35 they are a great bit of kit
northernmonkey
Dabbler

Cheers Rod!!
This is exactly what I have done. Seems to work fine.
Although still miffed at why I was losing wireless connection. But I had got fed up of trying to fix so thanks again!!
rodtrotter
Grafter

You are welcome