cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guild Wars2 disconnecting, just me?

Blim
Grafter

Guild Wars2 disconnecting, just me?

Anyone else having disconnecting problems? It could be my router so I thought I would ask before changing anything.
I have no lag ingame nor do I get packet-loss when running a ping test over 24 hours and I've never lost ppp connection without out me restarting or re-connection the session. I'm also having problems streaming bbci, catchuptv and other sites including youtube.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Guild Wars2 disconnecting, just me?

@Blim
I've just had a look at your account and can see that your connection has dropped about 9/10 times in the past 24 hours. Just wondering if that might have been due to you rebooting (perhaps to try and fix this issue).
Otherwise we may be looking at an issue with a dropping broadband connection rather than issues relating to the sites/services you've mentioned there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Blim
Grafter

Had some problems with a firmware upgrade. Might even be the firmware that's the problem. Changing back tonight and I'll give it a while longer to see what happens.
Zea

Does it only happens when you run GW2 otherwise the internet runs smoothly?
Cause I'm also having the same issue and seems like its a common problem amongst gw2 players...
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/Guild-wars-is-disconnecting-my-internet
Blim
Grafter

I fixed it. Router needed defaulting and setting back up again. Config must have been corrupt or invalid values after a firmware upgrade.
Thanks, haven't played many games in the past two weeks anyways.