cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gta 5 Online Issues.

snake89

Gta 5 Online Issues.

I will start from the beginning and where I am at now. My connection is the following. D-link ASDL Wireless Router. Product : DSL-2740R Firmware Version: UK_1.01 Hardware Version: DSL-2740R B1. UPNP Enabled.
I have 1 PC, and 3 Xbox 360's all connected to the router 2 xbox's wireless 1 wired. It is not a router provblem, we have had all 3 running the same/different games, all at once, no lag all working 100% with Open Nat!
But now all of a sudden i cannot play GTA 5 online properly, it keeps saying player disconnected whenever i join a game, my brother had lots of touble with FIFA 14 and FiFA 13, his xbox freezes when connecting to the EA servers and if he can get on then he will randomly disconnect from a game. I have read up on rockstars website and they insist that it is either a router problem or a ISP problem so i am here to sort it out. I have carried out the following steps with no sucess:
1. Reset router - unplugged it for 10 minz, plugged it back in nothing,
2. Assigned 2 xbox's static ip adresses and port forwarded: Useless you can only forward 10 ports? so this is out of the question, i tried it and it did not work
3. Turn off UPNP restart Router Turn on UPNP and restart router again: Nothing!?
Each time i assign an xbox 360 a static ip address is gives a nat type of moderate, but with a dynamic one its allways open?
I have set up a Public I.P address with plusnet. Have tried turning ISP Firewall off.. Nothing On low? Still The same.
Is there anything else i can do?
Also whos problem is it, Mine, PN Or Rockstars?
Thanks for reading.
11 REPLIES 11
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Gta 5 Online Issues.

Is this happening every time, does this also happen on all 3 Xbox's you've got now?
Devonian
Grafter

I seem to be playing GTA 5 a little to much at the moment, and the only problem I get is the unable to save issue, that is a rockstar problem.
JamesM
Grafter

Googling it says there is a problem with GTA 5 and 360's made pre 2008, I know my nephew was having crashes on his post 2008 360 but he says the latest patch fixed it. Also it says Rockstar are aware of the pre 2008 360's problem and may or may not bring out a patch.
snake89

Quote from: Devonian
I seem to be playing GTA 5 a little to much at the moment, and the only problem I get is the unable to save issue, that is a rockstar problem.

It allways happens, its just a matter of when. sometime i can join for a couple of mins without being kicked. But i have tried absolutely everything my end. I even brought a new router and still nothing 😕
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Quote from: JamesM
Googling it says there is a problem with GTA 5 and 360's made pre 2008, I know my nephew was having crashes on his post 2008 360 but he says the latest patch fixed it. Also it says Rockstar are aware of the pre 2008 360's problem and may or may not bring out a patch.

As per JamesM's post, is this the case for you regarding your Xbox's?
snake89

Quote from: Chris
Quote from: JamesM

As per JamesM's post, is this the case for you regarding your Xbox's?

Just has a quick look and my consoles date is 2008, so that may be the problem, but the other 2 are slimline ones? can anyone link me to an article about R* problems with 2008 xbox's because i can play the single player game fine, its just online im struggling with.
JamesM
Grafter

snake89

Cheers mate, had a quick read through i have an 2008 xbox 360 and i dont crash or freeze, its online im struggling with, my brothers in the room next to me, we both had open NAT, and we cant connect to one another?
dick:quote
snake89

Solved the problem, everything i tried did not work heres a run down of what i done to get it working again
Static ip from plusnet, Disabled firewall from plusnet, and disabled router firewall HURAYYY It works!! Cheesy
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

GTA5 seems to be improving these days.
Warning: Inevitable language which some may find offensive.
Please do not view if likely to be offended.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=101_1388938772
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Devonian
Grafter

Wow!  is this the DLC?  Grin