cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotham City Impostors (PC)

Charlieczech

Gotham City Impostors (PC)

Hi, anybody else experiencing lags in this game? My pc configuration is not too bad and even after setting to medium or low the game massively lagging. Some gamers saying is because of broadband connection. I followed help on steam forum for forwarding ports but without any luck.
I recently swap for Extra Fibre to improve my gaming experience, but so far no change. Similar problems with other Games like Battlefield 3. Usually getting msgs "server time out / Strict NAT". From now on I'm trying to get right setting in Modem administration, but I don't want to spend days with settings and than find out is not going to work anyway.
I will appreciated any advice or help.
Thank you.
Charlie
5 REPLIES 5
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Gotham City Impostors (PC)

Have a look at: http://community.plus.net/library/gaming/increasing-gaming-compatability-with-the-thomson-tg585v8-xb...
If that doesn't help, get us a wireshark capture of the game:
http://community.plus.net/library/faults/using-wireshark-for-data-capture/
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Charlieczech

Hi Kelly,
thank you for your advice.
Ok first I did the telnet job from "Increasing gaming .. " post and there is no difference in Gotham City ... game. I need to test bf3 as well tonight and see.
Also because i did wireshark capture and find out some dodgy IP connection. I'm performing full antivirus scan right now to find out any visitors on my PC.
Then I will test games again with wireshark on.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Gotham City Imposters appears to be a free to play game, so I'll give it a go this weekend aswell and see if I can capture a wireshark too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Charlieczech

Hi Chris,
yes it is free to play and also good fun.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I downloaded and gave this a go last night, one thing I hadn't realised is that it chooses a player to be the host which can introduce lag if whoever is chosen doesn't have a good enough connection. I've got a wireshark capture when I was host and we're looking at that now.
Did you manage to capture a wireshark for it?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.